What the heck is wrong with people today?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Re: What the heck is wrong with people today?

Post by Riflemanz »

I called the owner right away and told him what happened.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:thumbup:
Good hunting land is scarce, hope you are all good with the land owner.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:32 am
AJ01 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:09 am
Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:06 am
It’s purely lack of parental guidance. We are supposed to be the rock that corrects them and guides them. Too many parents expect schools to do what parents are meant to do. Too many parent are either too busy or too stinking lazy to infuse a moral compass in their children. All too often it is the authorities that correct a child’s misguided way. It’s a sad world needless to say. When my kids were young, “the cane” was always available but only used once when they were young. It seems that kids do not see roadblocks to their antics until they get older. Trouble is that instead of a cane, they see jail bars or judges.
Boo,
You hit the "nail on the head". We have several generations now that consisted of "Kids raising kids", and that just doesn't work.
Honestly, I blame my generation. It's our fault. Growing up in the 60's and 70's, we wanted our kids to "have it better than we did". What we failed to realize is that we had it pretty darn good!!
We wanted them to have "things" we never had. Not to "work" as hard as we did. They didn't have to 'earn" things, we just gave it to them.

Those kids grew up and had the generation where EVERYONE gets a trophy, no matter what you do!! Holy Hell!! Was that wrong or what? :wtf:
Thier kids could do no wrong. You couldn't correct them. Much less bust their tails when the needed it!!
I busted my granddaughter's tail when she was about 6 years old for cussing her grandmother! Child used words that would make a sailor blush!! I knew where she got it. Her Dad. :evil:
When the grandchild got home, she told her daddy what I had done, he sent me a text telling me to NEVER touch his child again or he would kick my ass and have me ARRESTED FOR CHILD ABUSE!! :eusa-naughty:
Needless to say, I called him and told him the following, "Son, don't ever text me or call me and threaten me again, cause I will gladly come to YOUR house and KILL you in your own living room, and think nothing of it".
He hung up on me.... :lol:
My wife was horrified that I had done that. I told her to hide and watch. :wink:

Evidently, he talked to other folks in the family. After that he came around me with his hat in his hands. He also answered me
with Yes Sir and No Sir.
I hunt with him these days, but he had to be taught respect. His dad was in and out of prison, and the mom run off with another man and he was raised by some kin of his dad's. He had NO discipline as a child growing up. I was NOT fond of him when my daughter drug him in with cats!!
16 years has passed since that little incident, today he's my favorite son-in-law. :lol: :lol:

Respect should always be given. However, in today's society, it is seldom given to anyone other than to self. Our moral compass broke decades ago.
Here in the USA, ours died when Ford allowed draft dodgers back in without any repercussions. Those same folks have become academia's tenured leaders who poison the minds of younger generations. And MY generation allowed that to happen.
So, you see, it's my fault. :roll:

Just the raving of an Old Fart from East Texas!! :eusa-popcorn:
Right there AJ, you're a man of my ilk! :thumbup: If you don't teach them young, you leave it for others to do it and sometimes, that teaching results in a lifetime of misery.
When my girls were 4 and 7 they got their one and only taste of corporal punishment. One day I walked into one of their rooms and everything and I mean everything, was tossed onto the floor. I told them to tidy up and I started to walk out. Then I heard the word "no". I turned around and said "what!". They both folded their arms and repeated "no"! I wasn't angry but I knew this was the turning point for them. BTW, it was illegal here to spank a child at that age :mrgreen: So I closed the door and told them I'm going to count to 10 and if they didn't start cleaning up they'd get a spanking. They said "no" again. :eusa-dance: I told the youngest one to close the door and stand facing the other which she did. I then dropped the pants on one and told the other to watch. They still thought this was a joke. I bent her over and gave her 10 moderately hard whack on the butt, enough to hurt but no welts or anything like that. They were terrified! I did the same to the other. They bawled their eyes out and cleaned up! The next time I told them to do something, they didn't respond right away I started to count and they ran and did it. But from that point on, when ever I need to start counting, they ran and giggled. A sensible amount of corporal punishment is much more of an education than a punishment and the sooner, the better. I have zero complaints about my kids and I'm a hard-azz. Now one holds a PHD in industrial engineering and does research in AI and the other is some kind of vert well paid boss in HR in a huge company. It wasn't always roses when they grew up but from what I saw, it was easier than what other parents had who never disciplined their children.
:thumbup: Love it!! More Dad's need :thumbup: :clap: to be dads!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I remember many years ago when "Child Protective Services" reared its ugly head here in the States.
I had to attend a training seminar own it, because it was "mandated" by the department.
I remember very clearly the young lady saying "you cannot spank your children".

I promptly raised my hand, and when she ask "May I help you?' I said, "Yes you may. What is your home address?"
Somewhat taken aback she ask "Why"? :wtf:
I responded by telling her that" if I could NOT discipline my OWN children, they were coming to live with YOU." :shock: :lol:
She left the classroom and never returned. :wink:

Moral of that story....never try to tell a bunch of big city SWAT cops what they can or cannot do!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The department NEVER scheduled another training seminar for my unit. :mrgreen:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I told the landowner my brother and I would clean it up and take it to the dump but he said he’d take care of it.
I gave him a big box of sausage and steaks from my deer.
He texted me yesterday so we’re still good.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Riflemanz wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:58 am
I told the landowner my brother and I would clean it up and take it to the dump but he said he’d take care of it.
I had a similar problem about 3 years ago. One of our places has a short drive up to the main gate which is ALWAYS locked.
Someone decided that this was where they would dump their deer carcasses when done processing. And I do mean carcasses, as in a whole bunch of them. Looked like a processor was dumping their waste there.
I called my friendly local Game Warden and THEY setup cameras to catch the folks doing it.

Well....it was kinda strange. Seems it was a woman who would go by places and pick up the remains on the pretense of "feeding her dogs".
She would then drive to my gate and another about a mile from me and "dump" all the carcasses at the gates. :shock:

She explained to the judge that "Hunting was cruel and inhumane and she was trying to run the deer off of those properties so folks wouldn't hurt the deer". :wtf:

The judge promptly fined her $1500 dollars plus she had to clean up all the bones and then on top of that do 200 hours of "Community Service".
Case closed!! :mrgreen: :lol:

BTW...she had only recently moved to Texas.
From Kalifornia!!!! :eusa-naughty:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Riflemanz wrote:
My neighbour, who owns 500 acres used to allow a lot of hunters use his land until some local started to grow cannabis in his corn. He shut that down and only allows myself and another neighbour access. So you’re wise doing what you’re doing. I think it’s more constant and friendly contact rather than the good you bring that keeps you there.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

AJ01

You said you blamed Fotd. Well, so do I. The thing is, he should have offered every inducement, every encouragement, for them all to return. Heck, not just forgiveness.

Too many of them took root here.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Hi5 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:41 pm
AJ01

You said you blamed Fotd. Well, so do I. The thing is, he should have offered every inducement, every encouragement, for them all to return. Heck, not just forgiveness.

Too many of them took root here.
Seems we are all still plagued by Ford's screw up!! :lol:
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:26 am
Riflemanz wrote:
I had a similar problem about 3 years ago. One of our places has a short drive up to the main gate which is ALWAYS locked.
Someone decided that this was where they would dump their deer carcasses when done processing. And I do mean carcasses, as in a whole bunch of them. Looked like a processor was dumping their waste there.
I called my friendly local Game Warden and THEY setup cameras to catch the folks doing it.

Well....it was kinda strange. Seems it was a woman who would go by places and pick up the remains on the pretense of "feeding her dogs".
She would then drive to my gate and another about a mile from me and "dump" all the carcasses at the gates. :shock:

She explained to the judge that "Hunting was cruel and inhumane and she was trying to run the deer off of those properties so folks wouldn't hurt the deer". :wtf:

The judge promptly fined her $1500 dollars plus she had to clean up all the bones and then on top of that do 200 hours of "Community Service".
Case closed!! :mrgreen: :lol:

BTW...she had only recently moved to Texas.
From Kalifornia!!!! :eusa-naughty:
Whooda thunk, :eusa-think:

Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Life is hard...being stupid makes it harder. I am at a loss why people do the things they do. In their minds, we are wrong, and they are right all the time.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Stupidity DNA is very common!! Unfortunately these idiots also vote. They are too stupid to even know they are stupid.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

" They are too stupid to even know they are stupid"
LOL!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I have a very good friend that had to gate his camp road because of littering and dumping. After the gate went up someone started leaving him a little gift by the gate daily, complete with toilet paper.

All my friend wanted was to be able to drive down his camp road without having to stop, get out of the truck, and pick up other people's garbage. He's in his mid 70's and he's worn out from years of driving trucks. It seems like these days it's a battle just to stay positive and not get drawn into something negative.

If I ever run into the idiot doin his business by the gate I'm positive he'll find somewhere else to take a crap.

[url=https://postimg.cc/grsDTMkh]Image

✌️Hatchet
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Hatchet wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:40 am
I have a very good friend that had to gate his camp road because of littering and dumping. After the gate went up someone started leaving him a little gift by the gate daily, complete with toilet paper.

All my friend wanted was to be able to drive down his camp road without having to stop, get out of the truck, and pick up other people's garbage. He's in his mid 70's and he's worn out from years of driving trucks. It seems like these days it's a battle just to stay positive and not get drawn into something negative.

If I ever run into the idiot doin his business by the gate I'm positive he'll find somewhere else to take a crap.

✌️Hatchet
Seems to me a strategically placed trail camera is in need here! Good luck to your friend, I hope he catches the bastard. :evil:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads