I don't know about you guys but...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

I don't know about you guys but...

Post by Boo »

I've had a rough winter! I got Covid at the end of November and couldn't stop coughing until sometime in Jan! Then my wife and I caught a respiratory virus at the beginning of January and that we were suffering from until a week and a half ago.It was bad enough that my wife had to be treated for pneumonia. Life sucks when you get old!

I sure hope you all have been healthy!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Re: I don't know about you guys but...

Post by xcaliber »

Don, we moved in November, late. No hunting for me, and plenty of let’s say fun. Got a blow out on my truck moving day, only took three days for the tire to arrive. Got sick from grand kids twice. Anyway, glad we’re both on the other side of that. Getting old ain’t for sissies. :eusa-naughty:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Boo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:41 pm
I've had a rough winter! I got Covid at the end of November and couldn't stop coughing until sometime in Jan! Then my wife and I caught a respiratory virus at the beginning of January and that we were suffering from until a week and a half ago.It was bad enough that my wife had to be treated for pneumonia. Life sucks when you get old!

I sure hope you all have been healthy!
YEPPERS
:eh:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:51 pm
Don, we moved in November, late. No hunting for me, and plenty of let’s say fun. Got a blow out on my truck moving day, only took three days for the tire to arrive. Got sick from grand kids twice. Anyway, glad we’re both on the other side of that. Getting old ain’t for sissies. :eusa-naughty:
Yep, we also got a virus from our 2 yr old grandson who was sick. We took him for 10 days while his mother was giving birth. He seemingly recovered in a week. Granted he got steroids but it is amazing that a kid that young is so much more resilient! On the other hand, it's easy to forget that I'm 70 :crazy:
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

So I'm not the only one that's ready to flush 2024 down the toilet.

I owned a nice little white Mustang to make my commute more enjoyable until Mother Nature decided to deposit a neighbor's pine tree on top of it in early January. >$14K in damages so the Insurance Co decided to total it.
While we were outside in the dark assessing the damage, another gust of wind snapped off the only two pine trees in my yard and deposited them mostly in my back yard through my fence. They took down two other trees on the way down. Except for minor fence repair it could have turned out a lot worse. Here's a view of the back yard portion that needed cleanup. I had a couple 20ft tall posts left to drop.
I had a return bout with COVID a few weeks ago and my wife is just getting over COVID from last week. On Monday we completed the last of the tree cleanup by hauling ten truckloads of split firewood to my daughter's house. There haven't been many restful nights in my house so far this year.

But, on the bright side, an investment in a bigger chainsaw made quick work of what was previously a harder task.

And the replacement wheels make the whole situation seem like a fair trade.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Ho Don

Sorry to hear about your bout with covid. I have been positive 4x now. It seems to be less severe every time I get it. Either I'm lucky or my immune system is learning how to fight it off. 😀

At age 55 I'm having some joint issues but am dealing with that with diet and exercise...

It does suck getting old!!!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Duckhunt, I like to think that I really take care of my vehicles. That would have been really depressing, replacement vehicle or not! I would probably have cried myself to sleep! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff, just wait! You're 55 but at 70 I'm a hurting unit some days. I just had x-rays on my knees and right thumb and my Dr wants to talk to me in 2 weeks about them as well as the blood test results :wtf: My Dr was talking about steroid shots for my thumb joints :think: . I ran the end of my thumb into my tractor bucket twice in 2 weeks 4 or 5 yrs ago and the occasional pain stops me in my tracks! I just about fell to my knees on the second hit! :crazy:
Covid? That's the first time and I do not want it again!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Don hopefully once the nicer weather hits you and Karin will be virus resistant to enjoy the sun . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

That sucks. Getting up there in age just makes we appreciate the saying about being on the right side of the grass.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:05 am
That sucks. Getting up there in age just makes we appreciate the saying about being on the right side of the grass.
It also makes me regret working so hard and long, not enjoying life as much as I should have.
Doe Master wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:39 pm
Don hopefully once the nicer weather hits you and Karin will be virus resistant to enjoy the sun . :)
Geeze Kev, I hope so! This is the first year that I realized that my immune system has gone downhill.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I'll agree, 2024 has been a bear already!!
Just got "The Boss" out of the hospital last week. Respiratory ailment turned into pneumonia. She was in the hospital 3 days. :eusa-doh:
I was helping someone move, tripped over a rug and fell headlong into a wall. My head hit first, almost knocked me out. My neck has hurt since then. Doctor looked at me and said, "Old Age". :wtf:
I said, "Thanks a lot"!! :lol:

Y'all be careful out there!!!
I'm pretty sure life doesn't like Old Folks!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Hey, all ya oi'e timers out there, quit complaining,
these are the (Golden Years) :clap:
the doctors get all the GOLD, :eusa-dance:

Dave :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:41 am
I'll agree, 2024 has been a bear already!!
Just got "The Boss" out of the hospital last week. Respiratory ailment turned into pneumonia. She was in the hospital 3 days. :eusa-doh:
I was helping someone move, tripped over a rug and fell headlong into a wall. My head hit first, almost knocked me out. My neck has hurt since then. Doctor looked at me and said, "Old Age". :wtf:
I said, "Thanks a lot"!! :lol:

Y'all be careful out there!!!
I'm pretty sure life doesn't like Old Folks!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Your right, life don't like us
OLD FARTS :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

well.....We left Texas Aug. 30th and flew to Anchorage. We did some sight seeing the next day there then got on a shuttle to go to Seward, to catch a cruise ship to Vancouver. Always wanted to do this and had lots of shore excursions planned. Getting out of the shuttle I JACKED my left knee. I managed to hobble to the ship, and got to the ships Dr. in a wheelchair. Ships Dr. not much help except to get me some crutches.( Oh BOY!) I got back to our cabin and the intercom sounded, This is the Captain. Due to a mechanical problem with propulsion, Royal Carribean has decided to cancel the cruise. So we are 130 miles from Anchorage with no flight home ( flight home was supposed to be from Vancouver) and Im on crutches. My bride got us back to Anchorage and on a plane with me being zero help. We got home and I got an appointment with my orthopedic Dr. and set a date to get my left knee replaced, Nov 1st. Surgery went well, I did my rehab, and.... Knee is sort of ok... It is NOT great. I didnt go back to work until mid January, and the new knee does not like my job!!! AT ALL!! I am still doing my exercizes and hoping to get more flexibility. Needless to say hunting season was pretty much a bust. So... I am looking forward to spring turkey season and going to see how far this thing will walk. AND, I glad Im not as old as Boo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:54 pm
well.....We left Texas Aug. 30th and flew to Anchorage. We did some sight seeing the next day there then got on a shuttle to go to Seward, to catch a cruise ship to Vancouver. Always wanted to do this and had lots of shore excursions planned. Getting out of the shuttle I JACKED my left knee. I managed to hobble to the ship, and got to the ships Dr. in a wheelchair. Ships Dr. not much help except to get me some crutches.( Oh BOY!) I got back to our cabin and the intercom sounded, This is the Captain. Due to a mechanical problem with propulsion, Royal Carribean has decided to cancel the cruise. So we are 130 miles from Anchorage with no flight home ( flight home was supposed to be from Vancouver) and Im on crutches. My bride got us back to Anchorage and on a plane with me being zero help. We got home and I got an appointment with my orthopedic Dr. and set a date to get my left knee replaced, Nov 1st. Surgery went well, I did my rehab, and.... Knee is sort of ok... It is NOT great. I didnt go back to work until mid January, and the new knee does not like my job!!! AT ALL!! I am still doing my exercizes and hoping to get more flexibility. Needless to say hunting season was pretty much a bust. So... I am looking forward to spring turkey season and going to see how far this thing will walk. AND, I glad Im not as old as Boo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul, as the old folks on "Hee Haw" used to say, "If it weren't for back luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me"!! :wtf: :lol:
Bud, I hope you get that knee to working real soon!! Turkey season ain't too far off!!
Get Better!! :thumbup:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!