Best 3 things I've bought.....so far

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

Best 3 things I've bought.....so far

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Just thinking about some of the things I've bought for hunting these last few years. I have always used an Ol' Man Multi vision climbing tree stand since 2000. The older I get, the heavier it seems to get. I love my Ol' Man so I got the Ol' Man Alumilite. Same great stand just 8 pounds lighter and boy does it make a difference. I do not own a four-wheeler, so I have a Shappell Jet Sled instead. Makes packing out a deer or hog out so much easier even when I have to cross a creek or two. I hunt public land three hours from my house, so I have to pack everything I need with me. My wife bought me a trailer hitch deer hoist. I can gut and skin an animal with no problem. Makes me wonder how I lived without them for so long. It's just three items that make my hunting experience so much better and I can't see going to the woods without them.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
gerald strine

Re: Best 3 things I've bought.....so far

Post by gerald strine »

My list would include my Work Sharp combo electric knife sharpener faster and better than my Lansky.
My Crawler deer cart after a few modifications
My Ego 16 inch battery operated chain saw.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
grouse

Post by grouse »

I like my two tripod deerstands. They both have 360 degree shooting rails that I cover with thick pipe insulation. I take a 10' X 12' camo tarp and fold it over to be 5' X 12' tarp and add one grommet between each existing grommet. I then hang it from the shooting rail with zip ties in each grommet. I've installed very comfortable seats that rotate 360 so I can take a stable shot in any direction. From the ground I'm about 75% invisible.

I'm also very fond of my Lithelli battery powered pole saw and my EGO battery powered chain saw, both for clearing shooting lanes (among other uses).
axiom
350 SE
Boo

Post by Boo »

Those deer hoists are slick! Still can't get myself to buy a Worksharp. They look perfect for longer knives and I'm still happy with my Spyderco Makesharp. Someday!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

A good climbing treestand changed the game for me, especially while hunting public land.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
lituani

Post by lituani »

Boo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:03 pm
Still can't get myself to buy a Worksharp.
I swear by my Outdoor Edge folding drop point knives. Incredible steel which will go 4-5 deer before needing touch-up.

HOWEVER, couple years back kids gave me Outdoor Edge Razor Lite 3.5" for Christmas and HOLY COW you will never ever need to handle a dull blade again. Yeah, may have to make one blade change on a whitetail (and 4-5 on a moose) but still one of the best things I've added to my hunting gear box.

I remain a traditionalist and go nowhere without either a folder in my pocket or a fixed blade on belt. But RazorLite is always there in my gutting pack. For those who haven't tried, give it a go.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Hard to pick just 3... lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.