Re: RevX has arrived!

Post by flightattendant100 »

Normous wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:20 pm
Boo wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 pm
Normous wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:39 pm
I'll buy it if you can't reach the trigger :think: :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Its LOP is long when measured but it feels just about normal. I was talking to Danny who just raves about the RevX and mentioned the LOP. He didn’t believe me so he went and measured it. Can’t say on the forum what he said because it’s against the rules to swear but he could not believe it! It’s truly uncanny how Excalibur designs their bows to fit the human body so well and cover such a large range of people.
I think this is the last crossbow I’m buying. :roll:
Kudos to Excalibur's design team . The Rev X fits me very well at 6'4" and Boo at 4' 11" says it all :angel: :D
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The camo pattern on this Revx is outstanding!

ImageImage
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Carnivorous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:11 am

ImageImage
Jeff, that is, as the young folks say, "Way Cool" :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:
However....I wish you guys would stop posting pics of the RevX, I'm already in enough trouble. :lol:
I don't need any more help!! :roll: :eusa-doh:

Great looking piece of equipment!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:50 am
Carnivorous wrote:

ImageImage
However....I wish you guys would stop posting pics of the RevX, I'm already in enough trouble. :lol:

I’m 99.9% sure you need one. The other 0.1% is optional. Isn’t it a business expense anyways? Shoot a string over a house to pull up a ladder? Or the business could rent it to you for a buck a day? I’m trying to help you buddy!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Carnivorous wrote:

ImageImage

I’m 99.9% sure you need one. The other 0.1% is optional. Isn’t it a business expense anyways? Shoot a string over a house to pull up a ladder? Or the business could rent it to you for a buck a day? I’m trying to help you buddy!
Boo, you might just be on to something there!! :thumbup:
Somehow, I don't think the folks with the IRS would see that in the same manner as you and I. :eusa-naughty:
I am however, digging the whole business venture aspect of it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 pm
Boo wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

Somehow, I don't think the folks with the IRS would see that in the same manner as you and I. :eusa-naughty:
I am however, digging the whole business venture aspect of it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Once you've been in business long enough, you'll know the expression "the second best answer is no". Take a video of shooting a fishing line over a roof, then pulling a rope over. Rent it to yourself for $5 a day during hunting. In a few years, it will have been depreciated by quite a lot.
flightattendant100

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 pm
Boo wrote:
AJ01 wrote:

AJ, I have a friend, GREAT tax guy! If you have any questions about US laws. He is easy to find and always available at the Corrections Facility near Midlothian. He is well respected in his environment.😎😂😂
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Gee...what great friends. Both You guys ALWAYS willing to help me out. :roll:
I guess after I got out of the Fed's "Gray Bar Hotel", y'all would still be here to mentor me. :think:
With guys like you two on my "friends list" at the hotel, who'd need Enemas?? :wtf: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:41 am
I guess after I got out of the Fed's "Gray Bar Hotel :mrgreen: ", y'all would still be here to mentor me. :think:
With guys like you two on my "friends list" at the hotel, who'd need Enemas?? :wtf: :lol:
Before your year end comes ask your accountant to do some research on the crossbow thing. It is a legitimate expense and using it on occasion as well as renting it out to yourself seems kosher to me. I have had some expenses that seems odd at first glance that are legitimate. I used to write off my handgun club fees and the reasoning is that I was socializing and trying to make new contacts for business. Your moms should have told you that if you don’t ask, you don’t get. :mrgreen:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

IronNoggin wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:22 pm
Boo wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 pm
I think this is the last crossbow I’m buying. :roll:
Seems like we heard that before. :eusa-whistle:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Boo wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:52 am
AJ01 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:41 am
I guess after I got out of the Fed's "Gray Bar Hotel :mrgreen: ", y'all would still be here to mentor me. :think:
Before your year end comes ask your accountant to do some research on the crossbow thing. It is a legitimate expense and using it on occasion as well as renting it out to yourself seems kosher to me. I have had some expenses that seems odd at first glance that are legitimate. I used to write off my handgun club fees and the reasoning is that I was socializing and trying to make new contacts for business. Your moms should have told you that if you don’t ask, you don’t get. :mrgreen:
I worked on a Mega house here in Ft. Worth for one of the old money people here in town.( AJ, one of the Bass Bros.) Job lasted 13 YEARS!!! No joke! First year General contractor rented a backhoe and a BIG welder on a trailer. After that he told his daughter to go buy one of each , and homeowner sent him a check every month for rental for duration of job. Not sure how many that would come to but they made out! LOTS of interesting stuff got paid for in the name of "The JOB". My boss was building a hot rod and homeowner "needed" a sandblast cabinet. Hhmmm.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Oh, I know how it goes. we've been on the Bob project right at a year. I wrote off a new truck, and all kinds of spray equipment, plus "paid help".
Uncle Sam never flinched.
Small time guys that make less than 500,000 a year are of no real concern to the IRS. It's chump change to the Feds.
I did fight them over 23,000 in tax fees a few years back. I finally won. They even paid my attorney's fees. Double win!! :thumbup:

I'm not nearly afraid of the IRS as I am "The Boss". I have to live with her!!! :wink: :lol:

Besides.... I need to hold off on any new toy. I have to go to see my Neurosurgeon the 23rd of this month.
I have 2 more herniated disc in my neck. 1 between C-1 and C-2 and 1 between C-6 and C-7.
I already have plates that cover 3,4 and 5.
Looks like surgery time again.
It's heck getting old and wearing out!! :eusa-naughty: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

I finally got a chance to do the 20 yard sight in. The learning curve on this bow is short and sweet, a great improvement over the Assassin. Decocking is awesome! The RevX has surprisingly less feedback in noise and shock and this was with the stock string :thumbup: I am eager to find the time to make a string for this bow and shoot it at longer distances. Anyone buying one of these gems will be happy! It has a long LOP but even with short arms, it works!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Carnivorous wrote:

ImageImage
where is this camo pattern available? i only see mossyoak on excals site
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Wyvern creations. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.