C2 Recall

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

C2 Recall

Post by ko4nrbs »

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2024/C2-Crank-Cocking-Aids-for-Excalibur-Crossbows-Recalled-Due-to-Impact-Injury-and-Laceration-Hazards-Manufactured-by-Excalibur-Crossbow

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Bcxbow

Re: C2 Recall

Post by Bcxbow »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:50 am
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2024/C2-Crank-Cocking-Aids-for-Excalibur-Crossbows-Recalled-Due-to-Impact-Injury-and-Laceration-Hazards-Manufactured-by-Excalibur-Crossbow

Bill
Thanks Bill that's good info since I still use my C2 for the positive locking when performing bow/string maintenance but charger when shooting/hunting. :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

N/a
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I own a half dozen of these. What do you replace the hooks with?
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
colouredchameleon

Give them a call.- Recall Information on main Excal Site.
Easy to complete.
Just DON'T remove the strings or claws until they approve your C2Crank for recall not all qualify apparently .
You then need to send a picture of your Actual C2Crank to them ( Email) for Excal to decide if yours qualifies

I sent in actual picture of my Crank to Excal got approval within a couple of hours
Then had to send another of string destroyed / Clamps removed to have replacements sent after verification of destruction requirement.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:40 pm
Give them a call.- Recall Information on main Excal Site.
Easy to complete.
Just DON'T remove the strings or claws until they approve your C2Crank for recall not all qualify apparently .
You then need to send a picture of your Actual C2Crank to them ( Email) for Excal to decide if yours qualifies

I sent in actual picture of my Crank to Excal got approval within a couple of hours
Then had to send another of string destroyed / Clamps removed to have replacements sent after verification of destruction requirement.
Exactly the same process for me.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
colouredchameleon

Applied Yesterday Morning by following the outline process.
:eusa-dance: Got email first thing today replacement parts have been shipped .

:eusa-dance: :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:

Must say Dawn at Excalibur and those that work with her have been amazing / dependable for decades when it comes to address8ng customer issues and concerns.
Excalibur owes her and those working with her a great debt of graduate for the reputation Excalibur maintains today.

Thank you Dawn and those working with you

KC
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:41 am
Applied Yesterday Morning by following the outline process.
:eusa-dance: Got email first thing today replacement parts have been shipped .

:eusa-dance: :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance: :eusa-dance:

Must say Dawn at Excalibur and those that work with her have been amazing / dependable for decades when it comes to address8ng customer issues and concerns.
Excalibur owes her and those working with her a great debt of graduate for the reputation Excalibur maintains today.

Thank you Dawn and those working with you

KC
This is so true!!!! ^^^^ :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

CT.HNTR wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:39 pm
I own a half dozen of these. What do you replace the hooks with?
They will send you new hooks and rope.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
lituani

Post by lituani »

I just visited Port Huron warranty center last Friday, and hook replacement was among the items resolved. Nick was fantastic!

BUT THEY'RE CLOSING :( Friday, 12April, is last day.

Operations moving to Taxachussettes where, as of 2023, crossbow hunting is legal only for disabled hunters with permit (which also prohibits you from going back to conventional bow hunting). Apparently Excalibur Crossbows are part of Savage Firearms ownership and they have unused warehouse space in the MA operation, so...

But a broader search found more insanity in that state:

Draw weight: Crossbows must have a minimum draw weight of 100 pounds and a maximum draw weight of 200 pounds.
Stock length: The crossbow's stock must be at least 25 inches in length.
Bolt length: Crossbow bolts (arrows) must be at least 18 inches long.
Broadheads: Broadheads used for hunting must have a minimum of two cutting edges and a cutting diameter of at least 7/8 of an inch. The broadhead must be affixed to the bolt in such a way that it cannot pass through a hole 7/8 of an inch in diameter.
Safety devices: Crossbows must be equipped with working safety devices.

Sad day.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

lituani wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:51 pm
I just visited Port Huron warranty center last Friday, and hook replacement was among the items resolved. Nick was fantastic!

BUT THEY'RE CLOSING :( Friday, 12April, is last day.

Operations moving to Taxachussettes where, as of 2023, crossbow hunting is legal only for disabled hunters with permit (which also prohibits you from going back to conventional bow hunting). Apparently Excalibur Crossbows are part of Savage Firearms ownership and they have unused warehouse space in the MA operation, so...

But a broader search found more insanity in that state:

Draw weight: Crossbows must have a minimum draw weight of 100 pounds and a maximum draw weight of 200 pounds.
Stock length: The crossbow's stock must be at least 25 inches in length.
Bolt length: Crossbow bolts (arrows) must be at least 18 inches long.
Broadheads: Broadheads used for hunting must have a minimum of two cutting edges and a cutting diameter of at least 7/8 of an inch. The broadhead must be affixed to the bolt in such a way that it cannot pass through a hole 7/8 of an inch in diameter.
Safety devices: Crossbows must be equipped with working safety devices.

Sad day.
INDEED!!! :thumbdown:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!