Rev X
Boo String
Rev X arrows
Swacker 150 grain
3x9 leuopold scope
Normous

Re: Best arrow for rev x

Post by Normous »

George at Straight Shooter Custom Arrows (SSCA) in the US is an Excal dealer and has perfected his Rev X Custom arrow recipe recently.

I highly suggest giving him a call if your interested in a high quality matched arrow set built to your specs and don't break the bank.

1-352-396-6060
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'm using the same arrows that I use in my 400 Suppressor. It is 460 gr (Lumenok+100 gr tip) and it is fletched with Blazers using a Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt. The shaft is 17.75". I wanted to slow the arrow down a bit, utilize the power to send a high FOC arrow at a good speed and lower the noise. I think it will be important to have the spine located. The faster a bow goes, the more inconsistencies you'll see in the arrow. I think that in a beast like the 400 Suppressor or RevX, slowing down the arrow a bit, locating the cock vane according to the spine and having a high FOC will help a hunting set up.
I am using an additional weight screwed into the backside of the front insert. Don't remember what weight the front insert or additional weight weighs, but you can figure it out if you have the weights. Shaft 9gr/inch 17.75", point 100 gr, Lumenok 28 gr, vanes 6 gr each, additional weights I have are 30 and 50 gr.
The faster the arrow goes, the more it will show inconsistencies. George does sell spine indexed shafts and good shafts too. https://straightshootercustomarrows.com/shop/ols/categories/arrow-shafts
George is shooting a RevX right now.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

BTW, if you want a heavy arrow shaft, speak to Norm. He's got some Woodys. They are almost 11 gr/in
Some people just like stepping on rakes