O/T- Does this seem suspicious?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

O/T- Does this seem suspicious?

Post by chris4570 »

I am currently corresponding back and forth with a potential buyer for my Zodiac but his scenarion for me beign paid doesn't sit well with me. I sent a response that only a certified cheque or money order will work, and I will not take part in any middleman operations.

Would any of you have gone through with what he is suggesting?

"thanks for the mail, i will agree to pay $700 for it. i just spoke with a client of my who is owing in europe and he is ready to issue the payment.his surpose to pay me $5,000 but he said that all is not available now but he can send me $3000 now. so please mail me back immediately if he can issue the cheque in your favour with the belief that you send me my remaining balance through western union money transfer. and pls. note that true transaction should be based on trust. so if you share the same view with me i should be able to trust you.you should send me my balance to pay up my shipper for their upfront mobilization fee. so please send me your full name to issue the cheque and your full address so that you can receive the payment by yourself.also send me your phone number. so if you have agreed with this term of transaction, i will instruct him to prepare the cheque in your favour so that you can recieve the payment as soon as possible.
thank" :?
Evan

Post by Evan »

DON'T DO IT!!! This is a classic (yes, classic) scam!
Hoss

Re: O/T- Does this seem suspicious?

Post by Hoss »

Chris -----It seems he talks about trust to much as if he is trying to convince you to trust him---well thats ok and fine but what it comes down to is good business sense....its not a matter of trust its a matter of protecting your investment....remember--your in it for the deal not the relation...so be careful and be smart--- :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
fletch nli

Post by fletch nli »

STAY AWAY!!!!!! I did something like this and it took almost a year to clear my name. If it is anything similiar it is an illegal transaction once it is done. I can't warn you enough do not even respond to his requests. There could be someone in blue knocking on your door in the future asking some very serious questions. :!: :!: :!:
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

THIS IS A SCAM :!: :!: :!: :!:
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Tell him to have his friend send your 3 grand via WU and you'll never hear from him again :o). Know a bunch of folks who have had this same scam attempted on them. They were selling boats, cars, even horses. These guys sit there all day attempting these things and they don't have to hit on many. They try to get you to send the WU cash when you get the check which bounces in a couple weeks. Then you are also out the bank charges for the bad check.
Greg
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

you should call your local FBI office-this sounds like stuff I have seen before.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I would definatley report this to the authorities immediatley!!!!

SCAM!!!!! I have heard of a similar scam that was pulled off in my home town.... Be Carefull chris..

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
JR

Post by JR »

It sounds as if you already have your doubts. Go with your gut, it's your boat. Cash in advance of goods. Good luck with your decision. -JR
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
wabi

Post by wabi »

I believe I'd tell him I wasn't interested in such a deal, but the authorities might be!
After reading the post about the fake eBay scam, then this proposal, I believe the thieves are out shopping for the holidays :shock:
wabi
BUCKSHOT

What is a cheque

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I wouldn't take a cheque from some of the people I know, let alone a stranger Chris!
Cash talks, B.S walks!
Go for the cash in hand and all will be good!
Enjoy the Harvest!
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:shock: :shock: Contact the POLICE immediately!!!!!!!!! You are been scammed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!

Post by Guest »

You shouldn't even have to ask if this is a scam......Even Stevie Wonder can see that it is!!!!!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Thanks guys. I too thought it not right. I think I will take the suggestion and inform the authorities. And keep my boat!

Guest:Thanks(sarcasm).
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Scam! Rip off! Stay with your original conditions and if the buyer cannot respect that, inform ebay immediately.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.