Best string wax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gtonini

Best string wax

Post by gtonini »

I bought a string from Boo he recommended to wax the string what do you guys use
Rev X
Boo String
Rev X arrows
Swacker 150 grain
3x9 leuopold scope
janesy

Re: Best string wax

Post by janesy »

I would ask Don what he prefers, as he has already applied something to it. Stick with that.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

I don’t wax them before I send them out. I coat them is pure silicone oil.
Use any wax that liquifies when it’s rubbed with your finger. The preference is a wax with silicone but it’s not super necessary. Bohning has a couple of good waxes. BCY puts out something called ML6.
The best time to wax a string is when your done shooting. It gives the wax time to migrate into the string. Just use enough to make the string and serving look wet. You don’t want to coat the string or serving. Don’t forget to wax the loops on occasion.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Thanks Don
Boo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 pm
I don’t wax them before I send them out. I coat them is pure silicone oil.
Use any wax that liquifies when it’s rubbed with your finger. The preference is a wax with silicone but it’s not super necessary. Bohning has a couple of good waxes. BCY puts out something called ML6.
The best time to wax a string is when your done shooting. It gives the wax time to migrate into the string. Just use enough to make the string and serving look wet. You don’t want to coat the string or serving. Don’t forget to wax the loops on occasion.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme