Exocet 200 "accuracy problems"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

GREY OWL tiller = string square with the rail, IE: take a square and set it so as one side is even with the rail and the other side should be even with the string. If your tiller was off the string would be at a angle across the rail. This could be caused by a weak limb or a poorly machined or bad fitting riser.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Butt

Exocet 200 accuracy problems

Post by Butt »

Thanks for all the replies guys, I work 12 to 8 tomorrow so I'm going to the shop first thing and do some playing. My tiller is right on the money so I know its not that. I set my yellow hammer target up this afternoon in the basement and did some shooting at ten yards, that's all I could get , bar was in the way :roll: and my wife's reaction to me shooting in the basement :shock: :evil: so that didn't last too long, but I'm really starting to think its me and the trigger, trying just to squeeeeeeze but that thing goes off like wild fire, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow morning.

Thanks again Butt
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Butt, it is also recommended to WD40 your trigger once in a while. Maybe this could help in getting the perfect "squeeze".

It's odd that we're hearing talk about the "tiller" from what seems to be the time the new angled riser has been put in use?!!! Could there be a relation?
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

"It's odd that we're hearing talk about the "tiller" from what seems to be the time the new angled riser has been put in use?!!! Could there be a relation?"

Nope, no relation. Tiller is a component of the limbs not the riser, if for some reasaon one limb was slightly stiffer than the other your tiller may be off.

Honestly though, a bow with a tiller problem is quite rare these days. Our manufacturing process and controls are getting so good thanks to our production manager, that we are getting very little warranty problems period.

If anybody reading this ever has a problem with thier Excalibur product please call us and we will make sure you're happy. Accuracy of our crossbows is guaranteed!

Peter
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:"It's odd that we're hearing talk about the "tiller" from what seems to be the time the new angled riser has been put in use?!!! Could there be a relation?"

Nope, no relation. Tiller is a component of the limbs not the riser, if for some reasaon one limb was slightly stiffer than the other your tiller may be off.

Honestly though, a bow with a tiller problem is quite rare these days. Our manufacturing process and controls are getting so good thanks to our production manager, that we are getting very little warranty problems period.

If anybody reading this ever has a problem with thier Excalibur product please call us and we will make sure you're happy. Accuracy of our crossbows is guaranteed!

Peter
And I for one canl back up Peter's post...And they do it super fast... :D

Out of 10 Excaliburs I have had one minor problem and one serious problem and both were taken care of in a very professional and very quick way with NO HASSELS what so ever... :D Excalibur is the best!!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Thanks for the reply Pete (mktg dude)! That angled riser has my interest. It's quite an ingenious way of getting more power with the same cocking length. :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:"If anybody reading this ever has a problem with thier Excalibur product please call us and we will make sure you're happy. Accuracy of our crossbows is guaranteed!

Peter
This is why we purchase Excal products.

No lip service, just deeds!!! :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Thanks Butcher and GaryL, for your explanation on "the tiller". For the hell of it, I'll restring my bow and check it.

Grey Owl
Butt

Exocet 200 accuracy problems.

Post by Butt »

Hi fella's , had a good chat with Peter this morning and worked the problem out. Put some WD 40 on trigger and did some benchrest shooting. First arrow dead center, second arrow dead center of the first one :shock: :D Like Pete said need to work the trigger in and practice squeeeeezing the trigger.

P.S. Just finished painting my Vixen, gloss black, looks good against the silver rail and riser.

Thanks again Peter( Excal Dude) 8)
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

That's great news Butt, I was wondering how things were going with your bow. It is pretty rare we get a call about accuracy problems so I'm always curious of the out come. The CNC machines we use to manufacture the trigger parts makes everything so exact that they can be a bit tight when new so a little WD 40 usually loosens things up nicely.

Have fun and good luck with your shoots!

Peter
A.W

Re: Exocet 200 accuracy problems.

Post by A.W »

Butt wrote: First arrow dead center, second arrow dead center of the first one :shock: :D
Did you remove the first one before you shot the second?
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.