Wisconsin Crossbow Poll

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Do you support expanding the use of crossbows for hunting in Wisconsin?

57.4% - Yes

42.6% - No

270 total votes

Let's keep YES on top..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
csharkie

Post by csharkie »

Voted. Now at 57.8 Y / 42.2 N, with 282 total votes.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

59.5% - YES

40.5% - NO

316 total votes

@ 4:25 CST..

Check it out from time to time...
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I seen

59.9 yes
40.1 no

5:37 pm
2-15-05
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

60.2 yes

39.2 no
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
PRB

Post by PRB »

Got er done 8)
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
BryanOney

Post by BryanOney »

61.4 Yes

38.6 No
gentle_heart

Post by gentle_heart »

[size=18][color=red][b]make your vote count for freedom of choice ! I did !!

62.2 yes
37.8 no
:) [/b][/color][/size]
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Just voted 63.9 yes. 8)
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

64.3% - YES

35.7% - NO

381 total votes

7:05 CST 2-16-05
Woody Williams

brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Wonder what the results would be if they were more specific and added "during archery season"? They had a small phone survey in FL that showed a difference between allowing them during muzzle loading season & during archery season. Also a big difference for allowing them during archery season on management areas Vs private land.
Greg
DJH

Post by DJH »

Bob - You are correct and everyone in Wisconsin knows exactly what is in store if the law is changed. Currently I and a close friend are organizing a Wisconsin State ACF Chapter to promote ALL forms of archery, including the crossbow. I have sent out letters to the current ACF members we have there (about 120 strong). The state archery club got a hold of the letter and Tom and I have been covered up in hate mail and phone calls about all of the evil that the crossbow will do in their state if its use is broadened. I cannot believe the crap that is coming out of their heads. Please allow me to provide you with a sample.

Dear Mr. Hendricks,
I recently received a copy of your letter seeking support for expanded use of crossbows in Wisconsin. As an avid hunter and Wisconsin resident, I do not support expanded use of crossbows in Wisconsin.
I take offense to someone who is not a Wisconsin resident, or obviously fully aware of the hunting situation in Wisconsin, attempting to promote further use of crossbows in this state.
A quarter-million archery deer hunters in Wisconsin enjoy a lengthy season and modest success rates - even if it does get crowded in the woods at times with that many people afield. Citing the statistics from Ohio, further expansion of crossbow use in the Wisconsin archery season would result in a negative impact on the quality of the archery season.
Sincerely - Dan Brockman

Dear Sirs:
I recently read that the two of you are promoting the legalized use of
crossbows in the state of Wisconsin. I want to let you know how much it
angers me that you are pushing for such a thing. What a selfish couple of
people you must be!
Don't you realize what legalizing the use of crossbows will do to archery
hunting in Wisconsin? It will ruin it! The whole idea behind archery is to
practice, practice, practice, and then when you finally can shoot well
enough, you head into the woods in pursuit of deer. You have to hunt many hours and when the time comes, everything has to go right as you release your arrow from your HANDHELD bow or you will miss. Crossbows are made for handicapped and old people!
While crossbows are not the same as a rifle, they are very similar. You
hardly have to practice at all. If crossbows become legal in this state, we
will see so many people start using them that the archery season will be
shortened and the true archery hunter will fade away like a late October
sunset.
The reason I like archery so much is the peace and solitude. There really
isn't an "opening day" like there is with rifle season. You don't have
thousands of people trampling through the woods bumping into each other in mad rush to get to the prime spots. If crossbows become legal, we'll end up with just another mad rush to kill deer like with the rifle.
Please stop your foolish, selfish acts. Get a handheld bow, and practice.
Learn what a real "bow twang" sounds like. Learn how to really hunt. Learn to be a real archer.
Sincerely - Jeff Grogan; Germantown, WI

Gentleman....Crossbows should stay as a legal means for handicapped or elderly who cannot draw a convential bow. You want to leagalize crossbows for all, lets all hope you get voted down on the issue and save the sport of Archery! Archery is a sport that requires skill, patience, and carefull setup and planning. All you will do is degrade the sport, and give the Anti-hunters all the more fuel to shut hunting down all together! If crossbows are legal, then every yahoo under the sun will grab a cross bow and run to the woods!
Look at gun deer season here in WI, you get nothing but a bunch of weekend warriors that stomp into the woods with all barrels blazing! I gun hunt, but I take it as serious as I do bow season. But beleive me, if you guys get this crossbow thing passed, you will have signaled the beginning of the end as far as archery. So, you can bet your lunch money I will be at the spring hearings as well as plenty of others to make sure you get voted DOWN!

As, Tom, my partner "in-crime" put it after I had remarked that we were in for some rough weather with this fight, "You've got it all wrong, Dan. Yes there is going to be rough weather, but remember - WE ARE THE STORM!"
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
DJH

Post by DJH »

AMEN, BROTHER!
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I myself was not going to respond to this post as I did not feel I really had anything to contribute to the thread.

However after following the few threads to the post I am going to write a few words. First the people that think "Crossbows are made for handicapped and old people! " are sure full of $hit above their heads, they also must be very (I do not like this term) stupid and blank between the eyes when they state "If crossbows become legal in this state, we will see so many people start using them that the archery season will be shortened and the true archery hunter will fade away like a late October sunset."
First I was using and still do a crossbow way before I got hurt, I was no way near what some of these NUTS must think "OLD" is, and can only state "THEIR TURN IS COMING"

One set in their ways are cold and hard to change, one sided views are just that one sided but as time (tick, tock) changes so do people :!: :!: :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!