Value for Your Money

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

TOP quality, top service. Backed by the company. NO other company can offer this :!:
enjoy the woods
Doug
A.W

Post by A.W »

Excal owners will talk to you. :shock: :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
peter p

Post by peter p »

You get everything that you mentioned plus more.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

I do have to say, if Excalibur did not exist, I would have purchased a TenPoint Crossbow. They are sweet looking machines and the quality looks very good.

Digger

Post by Digger »

Quality looks good on my Excalibur too.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Farmer

What do I get ???

Post by Farmer »

You get no wheels, no cables, and no troube, which = more time shooting. I owned a 165# Exocet since about 1993 or 94, it has shot thousands of arrows. The only maintainence has been string changes . The bow has been used in hundreds of 3d competitions and plenty of hunting with ZERO trouble.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Guess I'll jump on the wagon too.

I was able to A/B my Exomag with a Vari-Zone to a friends Horton Legend (175# I think) with a red-dot:

- Exomag feels much lighter and better balanced.
- No comparison with the trigger pull, the Emag let's go with just an easy squeeze. This helps me hold on target better because I don't pull up when pulling the trigger.
- The Horton range compensating system requires you to take your eyes off the animal, and your hands out of shooting position, to adjust it... with the Vari-Zone you slightly raise or lower your elevation, without moving your hands or taking your eye off the target.
- I can replace the string in 10 minutes in my living room, and that includes a smoke break between un-stringing and stringing.
- No wheels.

My only gripes about my Exomag:

- The camo pattern on the limbs and stock. Mine isn't one of the new "Kolorfusion" bows. Even though my buddies Horton is a basic "air brushed" black-over-green paint scheme - it looks way better than the scheme on my Emag - but that's really a small gripe and is easily rectified.

- The stock material itself seems to amplify vibrations more than his Horton - even though they're both synthetic - his seems more acoustically "dead" than mine.

Just my $.02
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

I can nopt add more than other folks have already stated about the Ex. I have owned 2 other brand names and let newbies use them to see if they will enjoy the sport. The Ex is my gal and nobody touches her but me.
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur