Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

I don't go to school.... :P
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

TYE wrote:I don't go to school.... :P
Really? Your 17 and don't go to school? That's sad man. If my kids tried that they would not be able to sit down for a month. (and my wife would have a sore foot :wink: )
Last edited by Partikle on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

GaryL wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:Well stump, I think I'm gonna stay away from that. No offence towards you by any means Garry, but I have learned my lesson from a past experience which happenned to me early last fall... Good thing the farmer and I are friends, that's all I'm gonna say... Just keep in mind, "knowledge is like power, if given to the wrong person it can be abused and used against you"... If you know what I'm talking about...

It's a real shame how one person can ruin it for others, but that's the way it's gotta be from now on!...

take care,

LoneWolf
:?
GaryL, I was trying to point out what had happened to me when I met up with a local forum member and took him to one of my hunting spots for an afternoon hunt, and the guy tried to cut my throat by asking permission to hunt the property later in the season. After he was denied permission, he and 2 other guys were sneaking onto the property from the back end to hunt it. That's why I'm kinda leary about meeting new people, as soon as you turn your back there are some, not all, but there are some guys who won't think twice of moving in on you, even if they have to sneak onto the property... I don't think I want to take the chance of going to one of them meetings and end up meeting up with this guy, as it wouldn't be a very nice meeting. That I can guarantee...

P.S.. I hope the guilty one/ones reads this!...

LW
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I see... Understood.
Spring

Post by Spring »

Lonewolf.

I had a similar experience. In my case it was a co-worker. I took him out to one of the farms I hunt. It was the gun season for deer and he had nowhere to hunt. That was a big mistake. The following day he showed up on his own telling the farmer that I had given him permission. Permission wasn't mine to give.

Luckily I had a solid enough friendship with the farmer that no harm was done. However, when he pulled the same stunt this year I showed him where the bear $hit in the buckwheat.

In another case, on another forum the eastern Ontario group met for several breakfasts. Most were great guys and got along well. Some of us still converse. Of the group, one was tough to take in text, and quickly proved he was insufferable in person.

I'd rather stay quasi-anonymous and enjoy the friendship here than risk repeat performances. Its too bad, but that's the way its gonna be.

Cheers!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

LoneWolf isure catch the meaning of that one. Was a little confused at first..Thanks.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
xboman

hey guys i'm in

Post by xboman »

Would be willing to meet in Ottawa area.
I'm now in Rockland but originaly from Ottawa.

Own some private property on Manitoulin Island. Did not hunt last year because of the Aug. move to Rockland.

Week lost last year adds an extra one this year. Hot Damn!

Reply when a spot has been chosen.
huntman

Post by huntman »

Hey Lonewolf You have a good point but rememmber not all guys on this forum are low life pricks! :twisted: Not saying this becuase i want to hunt with you just don't feel that everyone is trying to stab u in the back. :!:
TYE

Post by TYE »

Partikle wrote:
Really? Your 17 and don't go to school? That's sad man. If my kids tried that they would not be able to sit down for a month. (and my wife would have a sore foot :wink: )
I got kicked out for something I didn't do. I can't help it. I went today to register to go back in September.
huntman

Post by huntman »

TYE wrote:
Partikle wrote:
I got kicked out for something I didn't do. I can't help it. I went today to register to go back in September.
That sound exactly like one of my younger cousins he's been suspened about a dozen times and it's never his fault. His parents blame the teachers! :? :roll:
TYE

Post by TYE »

Well here's the story.... I took 5 days off school to go Deer hunting, and I took 2 days off for Moose. I also had 8 sick days. So that's 15 days missed of school.... My dumb school system kept calling my house all the time saying I wasn't at school, and I WAS THERE and IN CLASS, and eventually when they're syster said I had missed 24 days of school, they said I was skipping. Well I had no way to proove I didn't miss those days of school, considering I didn't really miss 24 days, but since they're idiots. They kicked me out of school. They didn't warn me ahead of time or put my on contract like they are supposed to. They just kicked me out the following Monday.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Oh !! Oh !! Oh !! I thought they kicked you out because you took your Phoenix to school. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Grey Owl
TYE

Post by TYE »

HEHE Yeah right.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

TYE wrote:Well here's the story.... I took 5 days off school to go Deer hunting, and I took 2 days off for Moose. I also had 8 sick days. So that's 15 days missed of school.... My dumb school system kept calling my house all the time saying I wasn't at school, and I WAS THERE and IN CLASS, and eventually when they're syster said I had missed 24 days of school, they said I was skipping. Well I had no way to proove I didn't miss those days of school, considering I didn't really miss 24 days, but since they're idiots. They kicked me out of school. They didn't warn me ahead of time or put my on contract like they are supposed to. They just kicked me out the following Monday.
Go to school man. I know hunting is great but believe it or not school is more important. You make the sacrafice now and it pays off for the next 60 years! I've missed out on a lot of hunting because my wife went back to school full time 3 years ago. She is finishing school next month and this year I'm looking at an additional week of hunting and perhaps my first moose hunting trip - with my exomax to boot!!! (I'll try to post pictures of all the moose I miss :wink: )

Your alternative is a minimum wage job for the rest of your life unless you have a family business or something like that to fall back on.