Forget Mapquest Try this mapping site

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Partikle

Forget Mapquest Try this mapping site

Post by Partikle »

Hey Guys, I see mtbyak used Mapquest to post a location earlier. Someone showed me the google Maps (http://maps.google.com) today and I was blown away.

Check out this link and then put your mouse on the map and move it around or click on the navigation arrows.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=116+Bland ... 3380&hl=en

You can also put in another location and it will plot a route for you. This system blows Mapquest away.
Mailman

Nice

Post by Mailman »

I see my house. Then I went to where I hunt and I see the field and the Big rock in the field. That's if you click on the satelite and zoom in. Great. :D :D :lol:
DJH

Post by DJH »

In my own town, I put in my address and it took me to 20 NE 9th St instead of 20 NE 9th Ave. It would not acknowledge the correct address I was entering and there was no way it would take me to where I requested. Therefore, I think it sucks. If it won't even recognize where I know I live, I am certainly not going to trust it to take me where I have never been.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
Digger

Post by Digger »

I use Microsoft's Streets and Trips, I've had it in four versions since 2000 and its the best travel planner I've used.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Partikle, those satelite maps are neat! Thanks for the link. :D
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I use a program at work called Accumap. I get high res aerial photos of Alberta and Sask. I can then print it on a plotter that prints up to 36 inches wide. It is SO handy for hunting/fishing. I can zoom into my house and see the lawn chairs on my deck clearly. If your in the area and want a map, let me know.
Evan

Post by Evan »

Thanks Partikle! I saw my house, sheds in the back yard, cars in the driveway, etc. Neat!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Showed my spot no problem, shows the woods and all. Could not zoom in to show my drive way though.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

GaryL wrote:Showed my spot no problem, shows the woods and all. Could not zoom in to show my drive way though.... :D
Zoom in real close and you'll see that big buck that you missed last year. :wink:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Partikle wrote:
GaryL wrote:Showed my spot no problem, shows the woods and all. Could not zoom in to show my drive way though.... :D
Zoom in real close and you'll see that big buck that you missed last year. :wink:
:oops: dang I did leave that out :!: I did not want to give away my spot Partikle, and it was my Son's buck....I seen him on his bed still has his right side RACK.. :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!