new trail camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terry-1

new trail camera

Post by terry-1 »

Well I was shopping at Walmart today and found a new Moultrie Gamespy digtal trail camera on the discount self as it had a damaged box. Price was too good so I could not help myself and I bought it. I took it out ,read the book and have been testing it out all seems perfect and is really fast to trigger after walking in front of the PIR about 2 seconds trigger time it seems not bad at all my other digital cams are like 4 to 5 seconds triggering. Read some good and bad things about this model on the net I guess I will find out first had and report back.I put a rechargeable 6volt batt in it to I will see how long it last around the place the next few weeks.P.S I put the 128m SD card into the unit and at low pixel setting it says it will take over 1100 pictures thats alot of pictures for sure.
tcthomas

Moultrie digital trail cam

Post by tcthomas »

I've been watching these (at least I assume its the same model) on Ebay for the last 6 months. Haven't bought one yet cause I was waiting to hear some first hand reviews of how they work. Let us know what you think, and could I ask where you read your 'good and bad things' about it? Also, on Ebay they are going for about $179. what's WalMart selling them for? I haven't seen them in our WalMarts yet.
terry-1

cam

Post by terry-1 »

I Did some searches around the net on different forums and found some info from users. The main thing bad I saw listed was that the flash was only good to about 15-20ft not the 30 feet moultrie list. Overall most people like the cams well for the money. I read alot of people saying that most commerical digital cams seem to have shorter flash range and alot of people add a extra slave flash to extend range. 15ft should be good for be I set up my cams for 10-15ft shots anyway. Also I saw that the cheap walmart 6volt batts will not last but a few days.Buy name brand or go rechargeable they are both said to last 3-4 weeks in this cam.Same thing on SD card buy name brand no problems I bought a $25 lexar 128mb it works perfect in the cam so far. I will be putting the cam out in the morning at my farm hopefully I can confirm this info in a week or so of real field use. I did have to paint it though the basic mossyoak camo and black just stood out to much for my taste while testing ona tree in my yard this afternoon. here is a pic of the cam now. Image