So what are they afraid of?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I think it's FUNNY! Nothing like hearing people cry and scream over something they have no idea about. Way too many IGNORANT people out there, maybe they should stop BITCHN and read a book.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

it comes down to two things-downright stupidity and greed.

Most of the anti xbow people have serious psychological issues. The PBS cultists see bowhunting as a religion and that religion is usually the only foundation of their warped self esteem. When you don't follow their religion you basically reject the only source of their self worth and thus they take it personally-so personally that they lie about xbows in order to preserve their false Baal's divinity.,

the other subset of schmucks are the ones who realize they really aren't much in the woods. They realize that bowhunting is far more than making the shot but they don't have confidence to actually get in position to make a good shot. They worry that someone with a crossbow is going to "steal" a deer they probably couldn't get close enough to shoot anyway. They also think that owning a bow that THEORETICALLY requires more time to master should give them special consideration to the public's deer.

I have no use for these turds. I ridicule and castigate them any chance I get. They are bad for hunting and bad for archery and we would be better off if they all took up knitting or buggering sheep and quit bowhunting. seflish jerks who wield 800 dollar compound bows while pissing and moaning over crossbows are just that-selfish jerks :evil:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Don't sugarcoat it Jim, tell us how you really feel.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I like getting into a face to face confontation with these jerks! 1st I ask them what experance they have with a crossbow? Allmost 100% of them have {O} So, If they answere qusetions about what the crossbow can do or not do{Hey they can't! they have no experance with a crossbow !} if they don't thay are ignoant and it shows when someone with experance stands up to them and points out the attrabuts of a crossbow.
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

Sharp tongue you have there Jim C. Glad I'm on your side. Tell it like it is.
Get out & Enjoy.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Greed and selfishness is the over riding factor.

Some are ignorant of the facts of what a crossbow a can and cannot do. Those folks have been brainwashed by other bowhunters and bowhunter organizations to believe whatever is negatively told about crossbows.

They have also been taught that bowhunting is the supreme hunting method. The liken it to being "primitive" although very little archery gear today could be considered primitive.

They've placed themselves up on pedestals and attempt to look down on all other forms of hunting.

Others are just flat out liars who know better but will go to any means to keep other archers using a different kind of archery equipment than they use "in their woods" hunting "their deer" during "their season".

It is all about MINE, MINE ,MINE..

You should hear some of the self righteous bopwhunters whining about WV legalizing crossbows for the HANDICAPPED.
Last edited by Woody Williams on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I agree with the good folks here..I must add that its kinda a kin to tunnel vision...they see only what they want to see and refuse to look outside the circle..for onereason or another..It points to simple minded people who have not the ability to think outside the box..

good job fellas great words of wisdom..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Fur & Feathers wrote:Sharp tongue you have there Jim C. Glad I'm on your side. Tell it like it is.
I toned it down-this is a family friendly forum :twisted: