Turkey feathers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

footed shaft

Turkey feathers

Post by footed shaft »

Been a LOONG time since i have logged into this site(been lurking for awhile now).
I am looking any /all you succesful(SP?) turkey hunters that have no use for your tukey wings to give me a call(or pm me) and i will come and pick them up from you.I live in Tillsonburg .I am willing to travel as far east as Simcoe and as far west as St.Thomas and every where in between.
I am using these feathers for fletching on my arrows.
I will take all i can get.I really like the looks of an arrow with 3 barred feathers on it,gives it some natural camo.Let me know if anyone would like some,i will split, grind and cut to length some for any one interested to try. My cell number is 983-8404.
I will call all missed calls back as i might not hear the thing ring when i am at work.Thanks Bill :D
TYE

Post by TYE »

Hmm sounds kinda nifty.
huntman

Post by huntman »

Where are u located bill?
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

If I had of known that yesterday I would have picked up that road killed Tom on the shoulder of the 416 when I was returning from Morrisburg yesterday... :(
Ontario Trophy Bucks
canadianhunter312

Post by canadianhunter312 »

too bad i didnt know this last year. between 3 of us we had 5 birds! them feathers would have kept you going for a while.

i take it your just looking for wing feathers?

scott

PS. im in brantford
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Huntman, I am located in Tillsonburg.I will drive to Simcoe/east and St Thomas/west.
Ch312,i will take both right and left wing feathers ,no tails they don't make very good feathers for arrows(too thin-whistle alot).If you want just keep all of you and your buddys feathers together and we can meet and i can pick them up all at the same time. Thanks Bill :D
Digger

Post by Digger »

Turkey feathers look nice.

Digger

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

wow.....how do you do that digger....those are awesome! are they handmade or purchased?------STEEL
TYE

Post by TYE »

They look nice, till ya start puttin them into targets, or you hit one with another arrow.... :P
diesel

Post by diesel »

I will try to get some from my brothers and mail them to you.
Those really look great digger.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Thought I would post a couple of Photos of a Hand Made Arrow I purchased while I was in Arizona. Bought it from a young lady( Navajo) who's young Brother makes these. Turkey feathers and Deer Gut were used... Deer Gut to Hold the Arrow head and help hold the feathers on... Could Not resist, actually the wife made me buy it :shock: :)

Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
footed shaft

feathers

Post by footed shaft »

Don't forget guys i will take all the feathers i can get.Thanks Bill :D
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Hey Bill give me a pm when you get the chance.... A buddy of mine shot a bird and I have a couple of wings for ya....
we need to talk,,

I have them in the freezer now
You have a pm
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Tar Heel.

I have turkey feathers from two sets of wings in my freezer, if you want them they're yours... However, as I mentioned to you earlier in my thread. I would like to keep the bones for my brother, as he makes wing bone calls with them... How do you want to do this, do you want me to mail them to you?

Thanks

LoneWolf
Ontario Trophy Bucks
footed shaft

feathers

Post by footed shaft »

Lonewolf,
If you would like i can send the wing bones back to you after i am done cutting them off or you can cut them off yourself and just throw them in a large envelope.Let me know,and thanks again.Bill