Abraded serving???

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobsdf

Abraded serving???

Post by bobsdf » Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:26 pm

I've noticed that the serving (the green twine that is wraped around the bowstring at the point the string contacts the bolt) on my bowstring has become quite worn. I recently switched from 2217's with plastic butts to 2216' s that have aluminium butts, which feel quite a bit sharper. It is only since I switched that I noticed the increase in wear. Is it possible that the aluminium butt is causing the serving to become worn? Can one replace the serving or do I need a whole new string? Thanks for any advice.

Best of luck to everyone.

Kern

Post by Kern » Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:29 pm

bobsdf,
Check the bolt ends for and sharp or rough bits. They can be smoothed out with sand paper. I bought some with aluminum caps that had to be sanded down to get the rough bits out.

Kern

GaryL

Post by GaryL » Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:18 am

bobsdf as kern stated check your alum.end caps and smooth them down, you can replace the worn serving if ya know how. I would replace the string and let some one else re-serve the string or that will give you one to learn on :) :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

wabi

Post by wabi » Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:18 am

Definitely re-serve or replace the string ASAP. Check those nocks, too. I bought some new carbons that had to be smoothed with sanpaper (they had aluminum inserts). Also have cut serving with a nock (insert) that had been nicked by another shot being too close.
wabi