Casting About: Weatherby SA 08 3" 12 gauge

Trading Post

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Casting About: Weatherby SA 08 3" 12 gauge

Post by IronNoggin »

As stated, I am looking for a walnut stocked Weatherby SA 08 3" 12 gauge in good condition.

I am not in a panic for this at this point, but am casting feelers out.

If you have one that fits the description you are willing to part with, pm me the digs...

Prefer within Canada, but will consider the States if push comes to shove...

Cheers & Thanks for looking...
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Fazan

Re: Casting About: Weatherby SA 08 3" 12 gauge

Post by Fazan »

Not a walnut stock, but:
https://www.gobles.ca/sa-08-syn-12ga-26in.html
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thank you Sir. :thumbup:
I may well consider that...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

You should go to Canadiangunnutz, shotguns, wanted to buy, and post your request. I noticed that someone has posted there that he wants the 20 gauge version.

If you don't have posting rights there, send me a PM with your contact information and I'll post for you. A potential seller would bypass me entirely and reach out to you.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Yeah, I am on there.
Toying with the idea...

Thanks,
Matt
galamb

Post by galamb »

If you are fixed on having that Weatherby logo on the side (but understand - I own 4 of them) the only thing Weatherby about the SA-08 is the name on the side.

The shotgun itself is "screw for screw" a "CY" model from ATA Arms.

I'm a vendor and sell both with the ATA coming in at about 60% of the cost of the Weatherby and if I give you two of them in the same camo pattern with the name covered you will not spot a single difference.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

galamb wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:17 pm
Can you get these with a 26 or 28" barrel?

Wondering...

Nog
janesy

Post by janesy »

galamb wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:17 pm
If you are fixed on having that Weatherby logo on the side (but understand - I own 4 of them) the only thing Weatherby about the SA-08 is the name on the side.

I'm a vendor and sell both with the ATA coming in at about 60% of the cost of the Weatherby and if I give you two of them in the same camo pattern with the name covered you will not spot a single difference.
Just to add, I had an ATA "Weatherby" turkey gun come across the desk last year and it was identical. Just not machined to say Weatherby.
Trigger was horrible, but that's neither here nor there
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
galamb

Post by galamb »

We took a CY and SA-08 side by side and yes, besides the name and the serial number (which are on opposite sides between the two - maybe to tell them which "name stamping machine to send them through" everything is interchangable.

I have a PA-08 20 ga that I use for Turkey - and ya, the trigger sucks on that as well but the gun is super light and for me it is a "single purpose gun".

The best part of being a vendor is buying your own stuff at wholesale.

The worst part is you end up with multiple gun safes with a bunch of guns that have never been fired simply because "you just have to have it" :D
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Standing down on this one.

Found an even better one...

Cheers & Thanks!
Matt