Gun policy will be a key issue in the next election in Canada

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
IronNoggin

Gun policy will be a key issue in the next election in Canada

Post by IronNoggin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:11 pm

The Conservative Party, backed by an aggressive assortment of gun owners and advocates who opposed the firearm legislation, is readying itself to make the bill, along with Liberal musings about a possible handgun ban, a central part of its campaign for the election that is currently set for Oct. 21 under fixed-date election law passed by the Harper government.

Chief Electoral Officer Stéphane Perrault has stated he wants Elections Canada to be election-ready by this coming April — the same month Harder said the gun bill and the national security legislation might pass.

The predicted timeline for the passage of the Liberals’ new-gun control legislation in the Senate is raising concerns it will not become law before the next federal election...

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/12/18/gun-bills-senate-timeline-raises-concern-over-election-timing/
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

xpert1111

Re: Gun policy will be a key issue in the next election in Canada

Post by xpert1111 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:07 am

I see Canada has the same idiotic liberal party like the U.S. who think gun laws work :eusa-deadhorse:

wheelie

Post by wheelie » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:17 pm

I have not and will not vote Liberal since the gun registry came in almost 20 years ago. I fought against it way back when as did many others and they said they would scrap the plan then all of a sudden it was rammed down our throats. Did good old Justin not say there would not be a registry. Now just start banning guns instead. People got to wake up and remember the past. CHEERS!

nchunter

Post by nchunter » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Canada is the “canary in the coal mine” for those of us living in the States.

Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:27 pm

I'm from Europe and they did this in England also. Whatever Trudeau is telling you, this is just one of the many things to bring in globalism (Trudeau is part of this), which means: bring in many migrants (other cultures and the other believe - made possible by the Marakech contract for example; coming a estimated 56 milion people to Europe in the first six years from now.) and divide. Take away the money and power from the people. Take away democracy and break down the native culture. After this: qonquer. Divide and qonquer, of course, is easier without having weapons among your own people.

In Europe, we are walking ahead in this sort of things (thanks to the EU, which took our democracy, constitution, borders , our retirement-money, broke down our army and police-force, but has build their own EU-army, and much, much more!), that's why we know a lot about it. Finally the eyes are goïng to open in Europe, but I'm afraid it is too late. EU is just a part of the globalisation. (Yes, the so called new world order, which seemed to be a conspiracy story for many years.)

WW2 has ended 75 years ago, but I'm afraid the ideology of ruling one big world has never been away. For the benefit of the elite (Difficult for us to understand, but these people don't care about people and their lives), but at the expense of the people.