Kanadian Komrades

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
Jack Pine

Kanadian Komrades

Post by Jack Pine » Sun May 09, 2021 9:29 am

Well, gun ownership is not the only thing under attack in Canada now.
A preacher dragged out of his car on a highway and arrested.

https://rairfoundation.com/breaking-video-canadas-war-on-christians-police-arrest-pastor-for-opening-church-mosques-operating/
"I was crossbow when crossbow wasn't cool"
Excalibur Micro 335 camo + TTss "Baby Huey"
Excalibur Micro 355 camo + TTss "Big Huey"
Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS jug reel forcefeeder
XX75 2219 Death Darts and Flemish strings.

Jack Pine

Re: Kanadian Komrades

Post by Jack Pine » Sun May 09, 2021 5:26 pm

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/canadian-nazis-just-doing-their-jobs-arrest-pastor-in-middle-of-street-after-church-service-video/
"I was crossbow when crossbow wasn't cool"
Excalibur Micro 335 camo + TTss "Baby Huey"
Excalibur Micro 355 camo + TTss "Big Huey"
Man Kung MK-150A3B + AMS jug reel forcefeeder
XX75 2219 Death Darts and Flemish strings.

Hi5

Post by Hi5 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Leadership is the essential issue. Also, two wrongs don't make a right.

With the Covid variants now killing young people as well, ICUs absorbed by so many patients sick with Covid that a traffic accident might not receive proper emergency care, schools closed, businesses closed, this is when good leadership is needed.

A pastor who refuses to obey Health Rules is not entitled to exemption from rules that are intended to apply to society at large. His defiance is not something noble. His behavior is not excusable because some other religious group is equally disrespectful of public health issues. Proper justice would see him punished for his breach of the rules of Public Health, and more severely because he is a leader.

It would also see ALL OTHER examples of shamefully bad leadership punished equally. Two wrongs don't make a right. Seeing him in handcuffs doesn't stir any sympathy from me. What bothers me is the thought that there may be others who are getting a free pass.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.

janesy

Post by janesy » Mon May 10, 2021 6:33 pm

Hi5 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:11 pm
Leadership is the essential issue. Also, two wrongs don't make a right.

With the Covid variants now killing young people as well, ICUs absorbed by so many patients sick with Covid that a traffic accident might not receive proper emergency care, schools closed, businesses closed, this is when good leadership is needed.

A pastor who refuses to obey Health Rules is not entitled to exemption from rules that are intended to apply to society at large. His defiance is not something noble. His behavior is not excusable because some other religious group is equally disrespectful of public health issues. Proper justice would see him punished for his breach of the rules of Public Health, and more severely because he is a leader.

It would also see ALL OTHER examples of shamefully bad leadership punished equally. Two wrongs don't make a right. Seeing him in handcuffs doesn't stir any sympathy from me. What bothers me is the thought that there may be others who are getting a free pass.
Well said. I think the sight of these religious leaders bending the rules to fit their agenda is definately starting to not go over well with the general public. The cost of many to benefit the few
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon » Mon May 10, 2021 7:22 pm

Heb 10:25
not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
Act 5:29
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

More than one way to look at this :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~TT~Plano Tactical hard case
36" All Weather Tactical Case. Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:07 am

BrotherRon wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:22 pm
Heb 10:25
not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
Act 5:29
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

More than one way to look at this :wink:
:clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :angel:

Matthew 6:24... Jesus said.. "For no man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other."

You get to choose...I just hope YOU choose wisely!!! :eusa-think: :angel:
"The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions"

"Howdy"... from Deep within the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Just make mine an Excalibur!!
AJ :mrgreen:

janesy

Post by janesy » Tue May 11, 2021 10:46 am

With all due respect, and I mean that sincerely. I'm not religious in any way, but I do respect the idea and need for it in others. To each their own.

The vast majority of churches of any belief have been locked down for the past year up here. Ontario is just about to have it's province wide lockdown extended yet again. Case counts are soaring and ICU's are maxed out. Yet a select few religious leaders are taking the stand that the rules don't apply to them because of their beliefs. Covid does not care about your beliefs regardless of what they are, that's fact. I know first hand a few people who have now LEFT these churches because the beliefs are starting to borderline fanatical with a clear disregard for the community wellbeing. One family close to me has been driven from their community physically, to the point they have now moved, because they also believe in the science, which apparently in that church is frowned upon.

This is a two way street. Nobody gets to have it all. If the people who choose to completely disregard public safety continue to do so, then they should also choose to keep themselves out of the public. That applies to all walks of life, not just church.

We have to respect this pastors beliefs and safeties? But he does not have to respect ours?
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

Hi5

Post by Hi5 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 pm

Luke 22:21 "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's."

If Caesar is here represented by levels of government, urging us first, then reluctantly ordering, us to take protective measures to prevent the spread of a disease, it should be obeyed. I do not presume to know the mind of God. Somehow, though, I doubt He wishes us to put our health at risk (and that of others) stubbornly to insist on congregating when this will cause transmission of disease.

Measures ordered are all temporary, and when the health threat has abated, things can and must return to normal.

If the health threat clearly has abated and restrictions are still in place, I will link arms with ANY religious group protesting and defying the law.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.

BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon » Wed May 12, 2021 8:10 pm

In all honesty, I don't see this going away. I believe this is just the beginning and things are going to continue to spiral out of control.
The bible tells us that there is one more major war coming for Israel and will be led by Russia, and will include Turkey, Iran, and Syria, along with other nations.
The bible tells us God will fight for Israel and the other nations will be destroyed.
I believe this pandemic is the last wake-up call for people to repent and turn their hearts to the Lord.
When you see Israel sign a 7 year peace agreement with the anti-christ, that will be the beginning of the final 7 year tribulation.
I Believe that Gods people will be taken out of this world just before that....and the world will probably blame it on alien invasion or something.
I know what UFO's are... Ezekiel gives a good description of them. Cherubs, Cherubim, or angels (good or bad)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~TT~Plano Tactical hard case
36" All Weather Tactical Case. Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: