Saying Goodbye...

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
IronNoggin

Saying Goodbye...

Post by IronNoggin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Just over 11 years ago, this little bundle of fur and energy bounded into our lives and completely captured our hearts.
She meshed so well that it was like she had been explicitly designed for just that.
As time went on, she developed into my Lady's Constant & Loving Companion, Guardian of us all - the house & yard & her pack, Mate to the mighty Amaruq, and mother to no less than 22 kiddies. Many of those kids have gone on to bring more of her clan into this world, and their kids have done the same. Life for her, and us, was a terrific run... Always happy, always full of joy and always loving...
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

IronNoggin

Re: Saying Goodbye...

Post by IronNoggin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 pm

It is with profound sadness that I write today of her wandering.
The cancer she so bravely fought came back, Aggressively so. And this time She could not win... :cry:
Yesterday afternoon our little girl left this world while wrapped in our loving arms.
Saying Goodbye was one of the hardest things we have ever done, and the sense off loss runs very very deep.

Her mate Amaruq is lost.
He constantly wanders everywhere looking for her, and trying to entice me to do the same.
He knows, but he doesn't want to...

The eye water has nearly run the well dry...
Last edited by IronNoggin on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:34 pm

So, I pay to her my final tribute.
You were a very special Gal, one who was deeply loved, and who loved deeply in return.
You will never be forgotten my Gal, and always remembered with the fondest of hearts.
Your Legacy is well represented in the many pups you brought into this world, and mothered so well.
They and their children will ensure your light, and your line, never fades.
For now you rest easy my Lady. The pain is far behind you now.
And rest assured, when our time has come, we will be looking for you on the other side...

RIP Asuilu my Love...

Sadly,
Matt

Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:45 pm

So sorry for your loss Matt. That level of loyalty and companionship is very hard if not impossible to fill the void.

Billy
Billy

Micro BD350 "Orion" (The Hunter)
M380 Blackout Cerakote Riser & Rail (Midnight Elite)
Trinity Strings (nchunterkw)
Boo Strings

rossh

Post by rossh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:04 pm

RIP .. you were a lucky family to share such a companion . It’s been said that a dog has so much love to give that they run out of time to early . Condolences.
Slightly past my best before date .Made in Canada .But still having fun . K.I.S.S .
Ibex Xbow only one .

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:37 pm

My heart breaks for you brother. With tears in my eyes I express my deepest condolences. I'm so glad I got to meet this sweet, beautiful girl...and the rest of the pack. I've often laughed when recounting to friends how these big, menacing looking dogs were climbing onto my lap downstairs in the man cave while looking at trailcam pics.. It was assurance that they accepted me into the pack. I'm so sorry you're going through this buddy. I've seen first hand what a beautiful home and life you've given to your girl and your pack and how loved and cherished your fur babies are. Please give my deepest sympathy to your wife as well.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Boo

Post by Boo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Dogs give it all, humans hold back. Men and women would be well served by using dogs as an example to love. Dogs love like they've never been hurt and they live like its heaven on earth.
Matt, I feel for you buddy! It takes me a long time to get over a dog, much longer than any human. I don't mind that they take a bit of my heart when they go, I just don't like the fact that they go so soon.
I want to meet up with all my dogs when I die. I kinda think I will and I hope you do too. I know this sounds nutty but I've always told that to my dogs over and over and over.
Take it easy buddy!
It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt

If you think there's a great conspiracy, there isn't other than the one running in circles in your head

LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm

They give us so much and ask so little in return . They may leave us but they are never forgotten . My wife and I sit around and talk about the dogs we have had. We wouldn't give up those memories for anything.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330

agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Jen and I have gone through the same thing and my heart goes out to your family. Know that she is not suffering anymore and is waiting for you and yours.

nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Sad to hear Matt, but sounds like you had the best relationship you could have and thus those memories to hold onto until y'all meet up later
Keith
"I can explain it to you...but I can't understand it for you"

Micro, Vortex
RamCat, Slick Trick
BE Zombie, TF Feathers, Trinity Strings
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:52 pm

We would like to offer our sincere THANKS for the many kind words being offered here.
They truly are appreciated! :thumbup:

And yes, this is a very painful time for all of us.
But as some have noted, we would not have missed all those wonderful times, which are now wonderful memories, for anything.
So, while the pain is real, the history we shared, the love we shared, and the memories we created together are even more real today.

Asuilu has wandered without us.
She leaves behind a world of love, and a world of fine memories.
And we WILL be greeting her again when we too wander across that bridge...

We picked up her ashes and brought her home for the final time shortly ago now.
she is once again home where she belongs.
A very fine urn which will bear her image is being flown in from a Buddy.
Her place, as always, will be in our hearts, and forever in our home... Image

Again, thanks my Friends.
Your support and kind words make the pain a little less sharp today...

Vaya con Dios our most Lovely Lady...

Sadly,
Matt, Linda, Amaruq & Kimmick

Hi5

Post by Hi5 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 pm

My daughter's dog suddenly became violently ill and there was no Vet available, either to offer help, or put it out of its distress. I had to do it myself, and it has troubled me. Years later, I have still wondered if it might have recovered on its own. I just couldn't bear watching it suffer in the meanwhile.

I certainly can feel for you folks in losing a special and precious four legged friend.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.

Normous

Post by Normous » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Matt.
Growing up our family was very involved with my fathers enthusiasm for working dogs, who gave all and never asked for anything in return except food, love and play. It is very hard when their time with us ends too soon.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>---------> 2020
Kustom Krug Micro 355, Matrix 355 and NEMESIS
LEUPOLD VX-R 2-7, TRIJICON SRO Optics
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Nature Is My Nurse

Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Matt, so sorry to hear you've lost such a dear companion. These threads always put a lump in my throat and make my eyes well up. I know how it hurts. You gave her a good life, and she gave you unconditional love. There's a peace in that, after the tears fade away. My heartfelt sympathy to you all. :(
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers

Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:48 pm

No words but very sorry for your loss...
I dread that day comes to us.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360