Gift from Ontario

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
Post Reply
User avatar
nchunter
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Piedmont, North Carolina

Gift from Ontario

Post by nchunter » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:18 pm

I got a present in the mail from Ontario today:
took them over a month, but they sent me a bill for using their highway 407 through Toronto.

Funny, the toll charge is only $4 Can, but after all the charges and fees the total amount is $12 Can.

I didn’t know at the time if they’d bill people from out of the country or not; turns out they do!
:eusa-shifty:
NCHunter
Exocet 175 (modified)
600-grain Executioner arrows
Centaur Battle axe
(230-grain) broad heads

mr meat
Posts: 4580
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: The land of ice and snow North Bay

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by mr meat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:34 pm

When it first was built I think it was free for USA residents but not now!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by janesy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:41 am

Ya, shes a doozy. But GTA traffic on the 401 is just nuts if you have to get somewhere
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
nchunter
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Piedmont, North Carolina

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by nchunter » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:20 am

Yep, Time or Money, ya gotta pay somehow.

I liked the little flyer they sent with the bill.
Headline: “Good for you, good for Ontario!”

:D

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by janesy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:23 pm

nchunter wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:20 am
Yep, Time or Money, ya gotta pay somehow.

I liked the little flyer they sent with the bill.
Headline: “Good for you, good for Ontario!”

:D
Ya, that company isn't even in Canada.
The 407 will go down as #2 of Ontario provincial governments greatest short sighted flops.
Actually no, probably #1 in the long run
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by janesy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:30 pm

Oh! I forgot the best part!
If you dont pay your bill, you get flagged in the MTO database and you cant renew your drivers licence

Its the only private company I know of that the government runs collections for at no charge

But it sure is nice to drive on
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
Matrix355er
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 am
Location: SW Ontario

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by Matrix355er » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:20 pm

You got off lucky NCHunter.
I just received mine as well
My total bill for the 407 from Toronto to 412 and back was $81.36 Can.
Ouch.
Micro Suppressor
Matrix 355
Matrix 380
Arrolok Quiver
Slick Trick BHs
BE Arrows

User avatar
nchunter
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Piedmont, North Carolina

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by nchunter » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:03 am

Holy Cow! $81?!! That’s truly highway robbery.

User avatar
Carnivorous
Posts: 2870
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:56 pm
Location: Belleriver Ontario

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by Carnivorous » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Love the 407! I'll pay what ever they charge to avoid the Toronto Nightmare. Good thing I only use it a handful of times per year.. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of harvest is at hand.

mikej
Posts: 5671
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: ontario

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by mikej » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Carnivorous wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Love the 407! I'll pay what ever they charge to avoid the Toronto Nightmare. Good thing I only use it a handful of times per year.. Lol
Couldn’t agree more
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective

mikej
Posts: 5671
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: ontario

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by mikej » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:18 pm

nchunter wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:03 am
Holy Cow! $81?!! That’s truly highway robbery.
Look on the bright side though that’s only about 1.79$ us :D
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective

User avatar
Matrix355er
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 am
Location: SW Ontario

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by Matrix355er » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:16 am

Just to clarify...My bill included a trailer.
And yes...anything to not drive through T O
I was expecting it to be costly but not That much.
But I will do it again next time.
Micro Suppressor
Matrix 355
Matrix 380
Arrolok Quiver
Slick Trick BHs
BE Arrows

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by janesy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Matrix355er wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:16 am
Just to clarify...My bill included a trailer.
And yes...anything to not drive through T O
I was expecting it to be costly but not That much.
But I will do it again next time.
If they got both your truck plate and trailer plate on the same trip. Call them and they will remove the trailer plate charges. They are pretty good on the phone. They will pull the pic and have you desrcibe the vehicles and remove the charges immediatly

If they did not get the tow vehicle, you pay for the truck through the trailer. But you dont pay both.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
Matrix355er
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 am
Location: SW Ontario

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by Matrix355er » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:46 pm

janesy wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:47 pm
Matrix355er wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:16 am
Just to clarify...My bill included a trailer.
And yes...anything to not drive through T O
I was expecting it to be costly but not That much.
But I will do it again next time.
If they got both your truck plate and trailer plate on the same trip. Call them and they will remove the trailer plate charges. They are pretty good on the phone. They will pull the pic and have you desrcibe the vehicles and remove the charges immediatly

If they did not get the tow vehicle, you pay for the truck through the trailer. But you dont pay both.
Hmm...I will look into that.
I dont use it often enough to know what it should have cost.
I will have to have a better look at that bill.
Thanks
Micro Suppressor
Matrix 355
Matrix 380
Arrolok Quiver
Slick Trick BHs
BE Arrows

mikej
Posts: 5671
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: ontario

Re: Gift from Ontario

Post by mikej » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Google 407 etr toll calculator , enter you entry point and exit point and that will tell you what the charge should be , I use it all the time to calculate fare cost for my business
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective

Post Reply