Farewell Old Friend

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
paulaboutform

Farewell Old Friend

Post by paulaboutform » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Mere hours ago I said goodbye to my old boy, Benny. Benny was my beloved cat that I rescued nearly 18 years ago. He was more like a dog to me and I loved him no less than any of my much loved K-9's. I got Benny before my very special yellow lab, Chrissy. Those two had such a special relationship they always kept me laughing. When my girl, Chrissy, wandered nearly 2 years ago at
13 1/2 years old, Benny ignored me for almost a week. He kept looking for 'his' pup. He's been my best 'little guy' for many years. We grew especially close when I nursed him back to life from a viral infection nearly 10 years ago. He knew I saved his life and our bond grew. I wonder if he knew he helped nurse me back to life months earlier. We went through our toughest times together. After losing Chrissy we still had each other. Well, today, while in my arms, we sat together in the vet's office and Benny wandered. My two original babies are gone and I am left crushed with a broken heart. The hole in my heart will never go away.
As a Christian and according to the Word, we will have our heart's desire in heaven. That means I'll have Chrissy and Benny together with me. Both young and strong and perfect....Benny, stop bullying Chrissy, I know what you're up to!!! Goodbye my boy, thank you for all the wonderful years together.

Papa.

IronNoggin

Re: Farewell Old Friend

Post by IronNoggin » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Damn Buddy, rather tough one. :(

Part of taking on a Fur Kid is the understanding that it is most likely they will wander on before us.
Even with that understanding, it is damn tough to deal with when that moment comes.

Faced this a few too many times myself, and it never gets any easier.
Dreading the day when my old boy goes, and tear up just thinking about it.

You're in my heart & thoughts my Friend.
Remember the good times, you had many.
And rest easy knowing that one day you will all be together once again...

Sadly,
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:18 pm

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:13 pm
Damn Buddy, rather tough one. :(

Part of taking on a Fur Kid is the understanding that it is most likely they will wander on before us.
Even with that understanding, it is damn tough to deal with when that moment comes.

Faced this a few too many times myself, and it never gets any easier.
Dreading the day when my old boy goes, and tear up just thinking about it.

You're in my heart & thoughts my Friend.
Remember the good times, you had many.
And rest easy knowing that one day you will all be together once again...

Sadly,
Matt
Thanks buddy, I appreciate your kind words.

Paul

agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Sorry to hear about this Paul. Pets hold a special place in our hearts and someday I believe you two will meet up again. Keep the memories alive.

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:20 pm

Thanks Mike, I do agree. A dear friend told me he tells his dogs, before they go, to go find each of his past dogs and wait for him together. That's an overwhelming and wonderful thought :thumbup:

Paul

VixChix

Post by VixChix » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:24 pm

So very sorry Paul! They're never with us as long as we'd like them to be! Our furkids are truly family members and the pain of loss is very deep and real. :(
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:25 pm

VixChix wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:24 pm
So very sorry Paul! They're never with us as long as we'd like them to be! Our furkids are truly family members and the pain of loss is very deep and real. :(
Thank you Monica.

Paul

Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:11 pm

sorry for your loss Paul, our fur babies are very special!
IN GOD WE TRUST

Jeff
matrix 355 w/ y25 stock
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/80gr brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:19 pm

All animals seem to find a way into our hearts .
Take care Paul
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:45 am

I too am dreading the day when my lab is no longer with me. She an amazing companion and I swear she can read my mind!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of harvest is at hand.