BC Pipeline Ruling In

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
IronNoggin

BC Pipeline Ruling In

Post by IronNoggin » Fri May 24, 2019 2:13 pm

B.C. can't impose environmental laws that could kill the Trans Mountain pipeline, court rules

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/trans-mountain-bc-appeal-court-1.5148368
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Bcxbow

Re: BC Pipeline Ruling In

Post by Bcxbow » Fri May 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Please excuse my lower 48 ignorance Matt but is that good or bad for you ?
Billy

BD400
M380 Blackout Cerakote
Trinity Strings (nchunterkw)
Boo Strings

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Fri May 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Bcxbow wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Please excuse my lower 48 ignorance Matt but is that good or bad for you ?
It is good for Canada, and BC. Both economies will prosper, as will Alberta's.
Just our two clowns running the province don't see it that way, and so they tried to run interference.

The Federal government has a good number of their own apposed as well.
But Pierre's Idiot Child has said he will see this through.
He should. After spending billions of taxpayer's money to purchase the damn thing!

Speaking of spending our sheckles, apparently the fed's are thinking of ponying up once again.
In the name of "reconciliation" we may well be on the hook for paying for 51 % of it again, to give away... :shock:

“Invitations have gone out to all Indigenous communities — over 300 in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan,” said Harrie Vredenburg,a board member with Project Reconciliation, a company that has set up shop in downtown Calgary in order to help negotiate and facilitate a 51 per cent equity stake purchase of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project.

Delbert Wapass, the former chief of the Saskatchewan, Thunderchild First Nation, serves as Project Reconciliation’s executive Chairman. Any Indigenous group that wishes to participate in the purchase bid is welcome, he said, and would not be required to invest any money of their own.

“What we’re proposing is zero risk for First Nations,” Wapass said. “We’re not asking them to invest anything other than their time to look at what’s being proposed.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/5298795/western-canadian-first-nations-tmx-purchase/

That part of the equation ain't great IMHO.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

rossh

Post by rossh » Fri May 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Agree nog 👎
Slightly past my best before date .Made in Canada .But still having fun . K.I.S.S .
Ibex Xbow only one .

Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow » Fri May 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks for the explanation Nog, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of the issues y'all are dealing with without knowing the regs or quite honestly the lifestyle. But one things for sure is that you should be proud of the spokesman you are. :clap: :thumbup:
Billy

BD400
M380 Blackout Cerakote
Trinity Strings (nchunterkw)
Boo Strings

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Sun May 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Thanks for that. Appreciated. :thumbup:

One never knows whether to post about this stuff or not.
Back of my mind often whispers No-one wants to know...
But then the other part of me says They SHOULD know.

Apologies to the board if anyone thinks this is getting out of hand from my end...

Cheers,
Matt

nchunter

Post by nchunter » Mon May 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Any Indigenous group that wishes to participate in the purchase bid is welcome, he said, and would not be required to invest any money of their own.

“What we’re proposing is zero risk for First Nations,” Wapass said. “We’re not asking them to invest anything other than their time to look at what’s being proposed.”
I love this quote! You can’t say “payoff” any clearer than that!!!

janesy

Post by janesy » Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 am

IronNoggin wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:44 pm
Thanks for that. Appreciated. :thumbup:

One never knows whether to post about this stuff or not.
Back of my mind often whispers No-one wants to know...
But then the other part of me says They SHOULD know.

Apologies to the board if anyone thinks this is getting out of hand from my end...

Cheers,
Matt
It's their perogative if they choose to bury their heads in the sand.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBUC Micro BD345
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!