Trudeau all talk, no walk on gun bans

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
IronNoggin

Trudeau all talk, no walk on gun bans

Post by IronNoggin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:05 pm

May well be something to this:

Trudeau all talk, no walk on gun bans -- thank God

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s promise to ban “assault style weapons” after the next election is great news for law-abiding gun owners and target shooters in Canada.

A ban makes zero sense, will do absolutely nothing to prevent crime, in fact it would increase the number of shootings by diverting government resources away from fighting gangs, and is the last thing law-abiding gun owners want.

So, why is it great news?

Because, If we’ve learned anything about Trudeau over the past four years, it’s that he doesn’t keep promises.

Trudeau is all sizzle, no steak. He’s all hat, no cattle. All talk, no walk. And, thank God for it.

Announcement. No action. Move on. Repeat.

Trudeau has established a predictable pattern of behaviour on hot-button issues: he makes an announcement, then does nothing about it and moves on to the next shiny object. Wash, rinse, repeat.

In a press announcement, Trudeau accepted there is an ongoing genocide targeting Canada’s indigenous peoples. Genocide is a crime against humanity. Somebody should probably do something about that. What did he do? Nothing. He moved on.

On Monday, the Liberal government declared a “Climate Emergency” in the House of Commons. Emergencies are serious things that normally demand immediate action. What action did Trudeau take? Nothing. He moved on.

In fact, the very same day, he jetted off to party with the Raptors in Toronto, then back to Ottawa for a meeting before flying to Montreal. Serious stuff, these “climate emergencies.”

During the 2015 election campaign, Trudeau promised to end first-past-the-post elections. Did nothing. Moved on. He promised to balance the budget in 2019. Did nothing to make that happen – quite the opposite, in fact. He moved on.

The way I see it, a promise from Trudeau to seize billions of dollars worth of legally-owned, lawfully stored private property from law-abiding gun owners is fantastic news. A Trudeau promise almost guarantees it will never happen.

Which is good for everyone, because it’s a gobsmackingly stupid idea.

Even Bill Blair, Trudeau’s beleaguered minister of border security and organized crime reduction, seemed to have difficulty keeping a straight face when he told reporters last week the government had abandoned plans for a blanket handgun ban but would act to ban “assault-style weapons” quickly after the next election, because they “are so dangerous … there’s no place in a safe and civil society for them.”

So dangerous, the government must act. But … not so dangerous the government must act now. Why? Because Trudeau, thankfully, has moved on.

They’ll get to it soon-ish. Right after we re-elect them. Eventually. Maybe. Or not.

Gun owners can breathe a bit easier. For now.

Sadly, so can the subhuman thugs who murder kids with guns. Who carry guns in public. Who shoot people in crowds. Because, while Trudeau’s government has been steadfastly focused on ways to seize rifles from the innocent people who are least likely to ever hurt anybody with their firearms, they’ve done absolutely nothing to crack down on the gangs who kill with impunity on our streets.

Please, Mr. Prime Minister – do not make a promise to get tough on gangs. No announcement. No new laws. Canada already has all the laws it needs to make our streets safer.

All we are lacking is a government, a prime minister, with the guts to act.

Just do it. Or, move on in October.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/towhey-trudeaus-ban-promise-good-news-for-gun-owners

Regardless, methinks we all know just what to do when October rolls around... ;)

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Carnivorous

Re: Trudeau all talk, no walk on gun bans

Post by Carnivorous » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 pm

Great read! The next election cant come fast enough! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of harvest is at hand.

Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:58 am

Carnivorous wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 pm
Great read! The next election cant come fast enough! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!! :)
Oh I wouldn't get too excited us sheep as his old man called us just might put him right back in !!!

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:58 am
Oh I wouldn't get too excited us sheep as his old man called us just might put him right back in !!!
DON'T even go there! If those in Ontario and New France decide to put them back in I will completely be ticked right off at the lot.
Already polls in the West well indicate if that occurs, cessation may soon follow.
Alberta is at 86% in favor, Saskatchewan just over 75%, Manitoba at 66%, the North in a holding pattern, and BC warming to the idea of wrapping Vic & Van in a perimeter fence (on their own) while the balance of the Province joins hands with the wanderers.

Never thought I'd say it or even passingly think it... But if Pierre's Idiot Child comes back, I will be throwing my lot in with them myself.
Had more than enough of the horse-pucky from this entirely incompetent lot.

Cheers,
Nog
Last edited by IronNoggin on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

janesy

Post by janesy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:38 pm

IronNoggin wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:43 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:58 am
DON'T even go there! On those in Ontario and New France decide to put them back in I will completely be ticked right off at the lot.
Already polls in the West well indicate if that occurs, cessation may soon follow.
Alberta is at 86% in favor, Saskatchewan just over 75%, Manitoba at 66%, the North in a holding pattern, and BC warming to the idea of wrapping Vic & Van in a perimeter fence (on their own) while the balance of the Province joins hands with the wanderers.

Never thought I'd say it or even passingly think it... But if Pierre's Idiot Child comes back, I will be throwing my lot in with them myself.
Had more than enough of the horse-pucky from this entirely incompetent lot.

Cheers,
Nog
Don't confuse Ontario voters with Toronto voters.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:18 pm

janesy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:38 pm
Don't confuse Ontario voters with Toronto voters.
I well hear that!
Here in BC we get the same kind of confusion as everyone outside of BC thinks we all share the views of Vancouverites and Victorians. :wtf:
We certainly do NOT!

Let's hope that collectively we can bring some sort of sense back to this hurting Country!

Cheers,
Matt

nchunter

Post by nchunter » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:20 pm

cessation may soon follow.
Alberta is at 86% in favor, Saskatchewan just over 75%, Manitoba at 66%
Make ya a deal: how about the US swaps you those three provinces for California and New York!
Heck, act now and we’ll even throw Chicago in for free! :)

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:34 pm

I'll make a counter offer: You get the riverside portion of Quebec (north stays) and Toronto.
In exchange you keep everything but the Western Sates of the Mississippi - excluding California. That you must hang onto.
We'll toss in the lower mainland centered on Vancouver, and Victoria on the Island. These latter two you MUST build a wall around immediately to prevent their snowflake ideas from infecting anywhere else. Same with Toronto. Same with Quebec.

Works for me... :thumbup:

Cheers,
Nog