Montreal Massacre

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
nchunter

Montreal Massacre

Post by nchunter » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Interesting article. I’d never heard of this massacre, but I’m guessing most Canadians know about it. Hard to believe all those young men just passively let all their female classmates be gunned down like that:

https://www.steynonline.com/9892/men-walked-away

janesy

Re: Montreal Massacre

Post by janesy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:32 am

nchunter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm
Interesting article. I’d never heard of this massacre, but I’m guessing most Canadians know about it. Hard to believe all those young men just passively let all their female classmates be gunned down like that:

Every Canadian knows about it, or has heard about it. It's a dark stain on our recent past. Unfortunately, it has been used and polarized by many on both sides to push various agendas(women's right, gun control, police response/responsibility to name a few), often at huge cost to tax payers. It's a truly disgusting situation, which has been played out through history for those who care to share there view. Case in point Mark Steyn.

I won't get into it in any more detail, aside from suggesting to read more details not found in an opinion piece. The information is correct. The men were forced out. If you are pushing your political agenda it's easy to forget it was at gunpoint, they were unarmed and then locked out, I believe it was 4 that were injured during the process. So It's also easy to neglect and suggest they did so "passively". But not mention they have lived torchered lives and at least one to my knowledge killed themselves shortly after. My comments are directed only at the article, not the victims or survivors. I've never personally fended off an armed attacker, so I openly consider my opinion as irrelevant as Mr. Steyr's is, altho he is entitled to it.

Please understand, I'm not downplaying the atrocities at all. I wish as Canadians, we could have stood up and solved more of the issues this has brought up in a far more productive manner without the controversies, as obviously 30 years later we a only steps ahead of where we were back then. Unfortunately, yet again our current government both left and right, will not have the ability to move forward any further than has been done. We could have used this to better ourselves as a country, that is where we continue to drop the ball.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

ihunt

Post by ihunt » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:36 am

nchunter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm

I remember where I was when it was happening when the news came in ( I live 20 mins south of Montreal).
Here is a news clip of why the men didn’t do anything. You judge?

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/polytechnique-male-survivor-talks-about-guilt-and-lessons-he-ll-pass-on-1.4713119
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

Hi5

Post by Hi5 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:11 pm

In all of the talk that has followed the event, one sadly overlooked fact is that the males thought they were being sorted out for a quite different purpose than what happened. They thought THEY were going to be the target. I find it hard to fault them for their paralysis in the face of something as horrific and unexpected as what happened.

If there is fault to directed at those men, the greater fault must be directed at our culture for teaching us that we should submit to rapist or mugger. We are taught to rely on the police for our protection EXCLUSIVELY. Self defence is derided. Defending your property is scorned.

Those young men were well trained and did what they were trained to do. Nothing.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.