Mom

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
IronNoggin

Mom

Post by IronNoggin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:33 pm

It is with profound sadness that we say our Goodbyes to my Mom. She wandered on unexpectedly but without pain to the other side in the early hours this morning and was undoubtedly lovingly welcomed by the many who have preceded her. The world has lost one of it Kindest and Most Gentle Souls. You will be terribly missed, and loved forever. RIP Margie R. Stabler.

Sadly,
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Bcxbow

Re: Mom

Post by Bcxbow » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:51 pm

Matt
Dee and I would like to offer our deepest condolences and sympathies for your loss and will think of you and yours in our prayers. :eusa-pray:
Billy

“ If some of our teenage thrill seekers really want to go out and get a thrill. Let them go up into the north west and let them tangle with a Grizzly bear or Polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul”
Fred Bear

janesy

Post by janesy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:32 pm

My Condolences Matt. I'm sorry to hear the sad news.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:50 pm

My condolences Matt. I don't care if you know it's coming, but when your Mother passes, it''s your best friend in the WORLD. God Bless her in the best way Matt!
Matrix 330 - Doing Good in the Neighborhood!
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger KID'S now
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:48 pm

Dear Matt,
Words can never express the sense of loss one feels at a time like this. I can, and do empathize with you, having said "goodbye" to both of my folks. You know the Bible says "Honor thy Mother and Father all the days of YOUR life", so it's just not for as long as they live, but for as long as we live, that we must honor them and keep that fire burning brightly.
The pic you posted said a thousand words with the single flutter of a camera's lens. . I have no doubt that to have known her on a personal level would have indeed been a great joy and a blessing to one's soul. Cherish her memory.

You have my deepest sympathy. May GOD grant you peace and understanding that can only come from Him.

Respectfully,
Andy :eusa-pray:
"No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people"!! :eusa-deadhorse:
"Howdy" and Happy Hunting from the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Micro Suppressor 355 :mrgreen:

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:43 am

My condolences on the passing of your Mom .
Going by the picture she lived a good life with a smile .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus

artifact

Post by artifact » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:45 am

Condolences also on the passing of your mother. cherish your memories of her.

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:25 pm

Thanks for the kind words Folks, they are Appreciated.

Has to be the saddest I have ever been.
I miss her so much it burns.
Probably always will.

And of course the border restrictions mean that both my sister and I cannot attend her funeral.
Dammit.

Hurting,
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Hi5

Post by Hi5 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:19 pm

That's sure tough. It's sad enough to lose someone so special, but to be unable to be with family just deepens the sorrow.

Expressions of condolences are so inadequate, but it's all that we have that we can give.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.

W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:01 pm

Very sorry to hear such sad news it is hard to lose your best friend . God bless you and your family.

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:05 am

My condolences on the passing of your Mom .

Take care my friend!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:18 pm

So sorry to hear about your mom, Matt. My condolences to you, and yours.
Hank

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Mom's Obituary has been posted.

The video attachment is rather fine...

https://www.coltrinmortuary.com/obituary/margie-stabler

mr meat

Post by mr meat » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:39 pm

Condolences on the passing of your mom
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Mom's services are tomorrow.
We were not able to get permission to go State-side.
So my Brother will be Zooming the services for the benefit of my sister & I as well as any others unable to attend.

He has also agreed to speak the words I need to in my absence:

A Tribute To My Mother

As you gather today to celebrate the life of one of our own, there is no other place Linda and I would rather be. Unfortunately, with the current border restrictions, that is not possible at this time. Rest assured however, that we ARE with you in our hearts and souls.

From my earliest memories, Mom was always and fondly front and center. She was a most extraordinary Lady, and that well showed in the way that she lived, loved, shared, and together with my Father created the warm and loving Family that we became, and still are today. Everyone whose lives she touched both loved and respected her, as has been well indicated by the generous love and support you have all offered us of late.

Growing up under my Parents nurturing was a very special, and very happy time for all of us. They installed in each of us a good sense of morals, respect, love and a grand curiosity of all things. Further, those characteristics and more were then to be passed down to another generation, and then yet again another. Collectively, our lives are a wonderful tribute to both Mom’s and Dad’s lives, and the way they so willingly instilled their precious values in each of us.

Mom’s influence extended widely beyond our own Family. The understanding, patience, determination and love of life was easy to read, easy to relate to and easy to admire. Those characteristics and more meant that her friendship was truly desirable and always respected. Every friend she made well understood this, and became firm friends for life and beyond as a consequence.

Mom’s accomplishments were many. As a scholar she excelled. Her “green thumb” was exemplary, and somehow seemed a fitting tribute to her maiden name: Gardner. Her inquiring and focused mind made her among the finest genealogy researchers this world has produced, and lead to an understanding of our backgrounds that was and is beyond compare. She also excelled with her artistry, and many of us are very pleased to have some of her paintings as precious reminders of that. As for her hunting prowess, her record speaks for itself and is directly reflected in the many of us who continue to follow in those footsteps today.

Perhaps though her greatest accomplishments are reflected in the lives of her family and the incredible role she played in each of those. Sister, Soul Mate & Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother and Best Friend were roles she eagerly engaged and performed to perfection. She touched each and every one of us to the very bottom of our souls. And within each of us she firmly resides there today.

Although Mom has moved on to the next chapter of her journey, I cannot help but believe she was warmly welcomed when she arrived by the many who preceded her. The joy of that reunion can be felt over the chasm that separates us now, and greatly helps us bear the sense of loss we all feel.

I feel Mom’s comforting presence constantly. She is not “gone”, simply moved. Her presence lives in all of us, and her love for each will help guide and nurture us along the paths we now follow. The many wonderful memories fill our hearts and minds, and help us carry on as we should and must. One day we shall reunite ourselves, and once again experience the special joy she carries with her.

I am beyond sad at losing this most marvelous Lady. But at the same time I am beyond Proud to have called her “Mom”. I am comforted knowing she rests in loving company. And I am very happy to have been so lucky as to share my life with one so truly blessed.

We will carry on as you would wish us to, and you will always be there to help guide us Mom. Save each of us a special place at that big dinner table up there, for eventually we will all be seeking to sit with you there once again…

Love you forever…
Matt