How To Post Pictures.

This area is for all pictures taken in previous and current hunting seasons.
A.W

How To Post Pictures.

Post by A.W »

I posted this a while ago and thought I'd post it again for the new comers. I hope this helps.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First you have to post your picture on a website. I use this one, it's free and it's easy to use.

www.photobucket.com/

Once you have joined and up loaded your pictures to Photobucket the hard part is over and this part is not hard.

Next you "right-click" the picture you want to put on this forum then left-click "properties. When the window opens look for the address/URL.

Put your pointer/curzor at the start of the address and left-click holding the mouse button down and to the right highlighting the address.

Once all the address is highlighted (blue) right-click the address and then left-click and copy.

Next thing is to go to your forum posting and place your pointer/curzor on the spot where you want your picture.

Just above the message window there is an "Img" button. Left click on the button and "Img" appears in the window. Put your pointer/curzor to the right of this then right-click your mouse and click on "paste"

The address for your picture on Photobucket appears in your post.

You'll notice that the "Img" button has changed to "Img*" click on this button and the whole thing is complete. When you're finished your message hit the submit button and your picture will be there.

**NOTE** If you remove your picture from Photobucket (or whatever site you use) the picture will disappear from this forum.

I hope this isn't too long-winded. I tried to break the instructions right down for easy use.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

Thanks for the posting.I 'm going to give it a try here within the next few days :)
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

A.W. has that down dang good, however a little eaiser way is after your up-load go to your picture, under the picture you will see three box's, high light the last one (Third box down under your pic.) and right click which will high-light and then pick copy. Go to your post and when ready paste.

If your picture comes out to big go back to PhotoBucket and resize it, it will resize in your post also after a refresh. As A.W. stated if you delete your picture in PhotoBucket it also delets it from your post/s.

Home fer a week, then back on the road .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

Thanks for the tip. I am a newby and just followed your advice. I got an 8pt & doe and wanted to share the news about my first crossbow deer with pictures, but didn't know how to set it up. I just completed my post complete with a picture. I have had the best experience possible with my Exomax and this forum has made the difference on my learning curve on getting up to speed. This is quite a bit different than rifle hunting and in my opinion, far more enjoyable.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Is there a way to post multiple pics at the same time? I have been posting one at a time, having to go and edit to add subsequent pics. Would like to save time.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
A.W

Post by A.W »

Not to my knowledge. Each pictures address has to be added to your post one under the other.

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

chris4570 wrote:Is there a way to post multiple pics at the same time? I have been posting one at a time, having to go and edit to add subsequent pics. Would like to save time.
I myself use Microsofts works word processor and just paste them all there then click on select all and then paste in post. You would have ta do it too see what I mean. :D

If you are on DSL or high speed just minimize and maximize PhotoBucket and Excalibur forum .... bounce back in forth between the two untill ya get'er done!!!! works great. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

GaryL wrote:How to do your AVATAR

#1 You need to upload a picture no larger then 200 X 200 to your favorite picture site, I myself like PhotoBucket. After you have it uploaded some where go there and high light the address/URL in properties and copy.

#2 Go to your profile, slide down to the bottom and you will see AVATAR

#3 If you have tried to do the AVATAR and all you are showing is nothing or a RED X in your AVATAR picture, go to the delete box, put a check mark in it and submit. Go back to the forum then go back into profile.

#4 Once back into profile slide back down to AVATAR

#5 You will see a area that states : Link to off-site Avatar:

#6 Paste your url/address in that box and click submit, this will upgrade your profile and AVATAR and should give you your picture in the left side of your post. Please Guy’s and Gal’s keep’em 200 pixels X 200 pixels, or smaller and the file size no more than 20 KB.
I moved this over Gary so it doesn't slide off the end.

Michael Stogre

What happend to the "Img"button?

Post by Michael Stogre »

A.W I tried to follow your instructions and got to my post. Noticed that
some of the entries had img in their post and some didn't. I couldn't
find one on mine so I tried a new post and was able to put the
address for my picture on site. Clicking on it will get you the picture, but
how do I find the "img button"?

Many thanks for your help.

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

MJS if you are using PhotoBucket it is the 3rd box under your img. Just high light and do a copy and paste in your post.
If you be doing it another way then you need the address (xxx//www.xxxx.jpg) in your post click on Img tab at top, paste the address then click the blue close tags under URL. Should look like this.

[img]xxx//www.xxxx.jpg[/img] xxx = address & jpg file .... :D

The first way is the easy way!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Not sure I'm following your question correctly but here goes.

I think your question is to do with after you have copied the Photobucket address for your pic. I'll start from copying your photo address from Photobucket

If so then you go to "Post a reply" . Just under the "Subject" line, to the right, there is a "[img]" button. Click on this and move your curzor to the left of the "[img]" in the message box/body and paste your photo address.

You will see that the "[img]" button has changed to "[img*]" Click this and it should be completed.

Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

Many thanks A.W I see it now

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
A.W

Post by A.W »

Michael Stogre wrote:Many thanks A.W I see it now

MJS
You have a PM.

flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

HOW DO YOU GET A PHOTO TO SHOW UP BY YOUR NAME EACH TIME YOU POST?
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
A.W

Post by A.W »

flbuckmaster wrote:HOW DO YOU GET A PHOTO TO SHOW UP BY YOUR NAME EACH TIME YOU POST?
A.W wrote:
GaryL wrote:How to do your AVATAR

#1 You need to upload a picture no larger then 200 X 200 to your favorite picture site, I myself like PhotoBucket. After you have it uploaded some where go there and high light the address/URL in properties and copy.

#2 Go to your profile, slide down to the bottom and you will see AVATAR

#3 If you have tried to do the AVATAR and all you are showing is nothing or a RED X in your AVATAR picture, go to the delete box, put a check mark in it and submit. Go back to the forum then go back into profile.

#4 Once back into profile slide back down to AVATAR

#5 You will see a area that states : Link to off-site Avatar:

#6 Paste your url/address in that box and click submit, this will upgrade your profile and AVATAR and should give you your picture in the left side of your post. Please Guy’s and Gal’s keep’em 200 pixels X 200 pixels, or smaller and the file size no more than 20 KB.
I moved this over Gary so it doesn't slide off the end.