2007 Season Trophy Room

This area is for all pictures taken in previous and current hunting seasons.
dick195252

Doe shot Cristmas eve 2007

Post by dick195252 »

Image My first deer shot with my Exocet 200 and First shot on our land in Mcewen Tennessee Christmas Eve 2007
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Well here is my pic, it has been cleaned up and I must say it looks pretty good. This is my late season December 20/07 10pt. buck. Real cool afternoon with a slight north wind, I did not think I was going to see anything but with only 10 min of legal shooting light he was standing broad side at 35 yrds. He came out by himself as the big guys often travel alone. I settled my 30yrd pin in the drop zone about mid lung right behind the shoulder and squeezed, I heard the dull smack. The buck ran aprox. 100yrds give or take 10 before pilling up at the base of a tree, his last jump was as long as his first. It was a double lung hit and a blind man could follow the blood trail, though he did not leave any blood for the first 10-15yrds but after that WOW . I was using a mid 90's exocet wich I have had since new, drop zone scope, 2117 easton shafts, 4" durravanes with rt 4 degree offset and wasp boss bullet 100grn broadheads. This is the largest rack buck I have taken with bow and he field dressed 175lbs but there was not a speck of fat on him. I first got this buck on my 35mm StealthCam the day after gun season and hunted him as smart and hard as I could till the moment of truth came that cold afternoon. Passed up a few nice ones and I was beggining to think I was crazy for doing so but it paid off. At least I know there is a couple still out there that will be as big or bigger than this one for my 08 season and I can hardly wait. My only regret was not having my camo on for pic. I would like to thank my buddy Joe for cleaning up the pic for me.
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

I got real lucky this year. This is my first excalibur buck.

8 point
108 lbs. Dressed
2.5 years old
Shot with a Exocet 200 and the right stuff package

This is my second of the year.

8 point
113 lbs
4.5 years old
Taken with a knight muzzle loader @ 40 yards.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Team Florida Underdogs strike again, times two.
I'll try to keep it short.I'm a little excited.
I left Sunday evening after church and drove the four hours to flbuckmasters house. I arrived to late to hunt so I lust hung out with Jay and his friend (and now mine) David.Jay was a very gracious host and treated me like a king.This guy does more in one day than I do all week needless to say I was very impressed and inspired to realize that while I had a kidney transplant it is just a bump in the road compaired to what some people deal with everyday.
The next day we left for our Alabama hunt.
We were all in the woods a little to late so the morning was unproductive and cold @ 24 so we met up and had some lunch and went bact to it after a little warm up and rest. I went back to my same spot which was two opposing ridges with a nice hardwood bottom I hunted high in the AM but decided to set up lower off the ridge this time.I was just set up on the ground turkey hunting style.
About an hour after I got set up I heard something walking up the other side of the ridge behind me,it came over but didn't hang around and I couldnt get turned around to see what it was (lots of yotes out there)
So I made another move to remedy that situation and still keep the wind in my favor (it was swirling around in that bottom)About an hour before last light I hear movement and this time it is to my left (bad for a leftie)I waited what seemed like an hour and slowly turned my head to see what it was,it was a four point so I started my move to get my body around.
Now,one lesson I learned real quick is to move the dead leaver from your set up before sitting down.well,guess what happened?BUSTED!!!!!!!!!
The buck ran from fourty yards to 85 yards and still to my left,interestingly enough Jay and I were talking the night before about him having to take off handed shots so it came to me (SHOOT RIGHT HANDED DUMB @$$) So I pulled up the T?C Encore in 50 cal waited for him to calm down and move another foot,when he did I finaly found the scope with my eye,got comfortable and fired,BOOM,white smoke everywhere so I waited till I could see and there was his tail sticking straight up and it slowly went down to the ground.HE WAS DOWN.
I reloaded and gathered my gear to get my deer.I got to him and thought (Jay wont be here till after dark so I'll keep hunting)Smart move on my part.I took some pictures while it was still light enough.
So I'm sitting there right beside my buck and low and behold across the bottom and part way up the opposing ridge is a nice fat doe that has no idea that I'm in the world.This time I get to shoot lefthanded.
The light in the scope is very dim but I could see good enough so I fired and then it went dark.
The boy's came about a half hour later and we got the buck to the truck and then I went and found the doe.Two deer in two hours,when it rains it pours.Ok,now to the part you want,the pictures.

And here is the doe

I was pretty cold so we came back to Jay's place and he and I did the cleaning.

And here is david

I would like to thank Jay for opening his home to me and making me feel welcome.
I have learned allot from him and not just about deer hunting.
Thanks my friend.
Here are some of his bucks.
The largest one was number two in the state a couple years ago.

And here is Jay (flbuckmaster)

I forgot to list vital stats.
Weapon - TC Encore 50 cal Muzzloader
Scope - Simmons Blazer 3 x 9 x 50
Bullet - Powerbelt 245 grn (full bore no sabot)
Powder - 2 50grn Pyrodex pellets (100grn)
Primer - 209
First shot - about 85 yards (off hand & right handed)
Second shot - ranged @ 89 yards (off hand)
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
saxman

Post by saxman »

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:34 am Post subject: TEAM FLORIDA SCORES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well folks,here he is,my first buck.
I got him Saturday 11/24
We had put the dogs out on a double track,I figured by the size it was a doe and Yearling,the dogs jumped abut a half hour later.Dad put me in perfect position and I had both deer in my sights but alas no horns so no shot,the dogs got by me and continued on to a large swamp,we had not hunted in there for a long tome so we put in some fresh dogs and let them go,After about two hours it seemed as if the whole thing had broken down when they jumped again on the other side of the swamp (how they get through that stuff I'll never know)Dad remembered a spot from days gone by so we went there,I thought he was crazy (like a fox) I said, DAD? we are going the wrong way!!I got that look that a father gives his son and out of respect I shut up.Well guess what? He put me out on a piled up group of pulp wood and told me which way to look,he moved on.I had not been there 10 minuets when I see him coming,I knew right away it was a nice buck for our area.Now understand that this spot was WAY away from where the action was,this buck was slippin out to avoid the dogs.I squatted down so as not to be seen and when he got to about 30 yards I rose up and shot.I hit him in the front shoulder and got both lungs and heart.The impact turned him 180% and he never took another step.I used my old Marlin 30/30
Needless to say I am very happy mostly because it was with my favorite hunter and friend,my father.
So to the tale of the tape.
He's an 8 point with a split brow tine so thats 9 points with a 13" inside spread. 20 points for the 9 and 10 points for the spread thats 30 more for Team Florida
Check me and make sure I'm right.
Thanks to all for the help.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

May as well stick mine in here too Happend pretty quick, didn't have a chance to pose and I suck at photoshop. :D
First deer, ever. 3 yards.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bucktail

2007 Season Trophy Room

Post by Bucktail »

My entry for the 2007 season, even tho it was taken 1-4-08 down here in Maryland.

TC Encore 50 cal with 100gr Triple Seven Pellets and 300gr XTP Bullet, at 89 yds.

Thanks for looking.

Bucktail

[/img][/url]
sunset

8 pt buck picture

Post by sunset »

Here's an entry for my neighbour who does not use a computer. At age 72 he decided to take up archery and asked me to guide him for the first year. On October 22, 2007 this past fall he was able to connect with this 8 pt buck. While he knows more about hunting than some of us put together, I was pleased to be with him and capture his enthusiasm of that day.
[img][img]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj17 ... 207001.jpg[/img][/img]
sunset

picture just added

Post by sunset »

Thanks for looking.
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Just realised that my buck was only in a thread with a story but not added to the trophy room. Never too late for some good advertising for Excalibur products.

Exocet harvest.

[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]
gunnutjay

N.B. Whitetail Doe

Post by gunnutjay »

This is one of the nicest pictures I have taken. It is a doe that was standing in an overgrown cut while I was checking traps.

Cheers
Jay

mikej

2007 season

Post by mikej »

my first buck with the rifle
Last edited by mikej on Sat May 03, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

late as usual;;

This guy got away from me and I found him while scouting for turkeys.