2008 Hunting Season Trophy Room!

This area is for all pictures taken in previous and current hunting seasons.
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
Peach

2008 December 4th Buck

Post by Peach »

This buck was shot at 40 yards with my new Equinox. It is equipped with the STS from the bow shop, and of course with a Boo string with the cat whiskers. I used the Boltcutter broadheads along with the firebolt shafts as provided in the package. Lethal, fast, and quiet.

2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I didn't think it was going to happen this year. I have been doing my homework, scouting, observing and using trail cams and had seen little sign and fewer pics. Finally Saturday came and I was pumped to get out and hunt, however the wind was out of the south (no good) and dashed any plans to hunt that evening. Sunday morning I got up got online and checked he weather, -FREAKIN COLD degrees C with winds out of west north-west @ 20k gusting to 35k but the wind for the next 3 days were going to be out of the south again so I had to go. So out I went, got bundled up for the first time this year for the long walk in and still was kinda cold. I seen a few fresh tracks on my way in and gave me a sense of hope for the late afternoon sit. I got settled in about 2:40pm and it wasn't 10 min later and I noticed movement across the field. A nice plump 2 1/2 year old 8pt had come out and began to feed. I tell ya I hadn't been that excited since my little girl was born last Jan. Just to see him was excitement enough but he continued to feed my way, my heart was pounding so hard I thought for sure he would hear it. He got within 45 yrds when I shouldered my trusty old Exocet 165 topped with my new to me lumizone (thanx again Boo), freshly installed and dialed in. He was coming strait on then finally he turned broadside @ 30yrds and stopped to paw the ground for food. I put the 30yrd peg tight behind his shoulder and squeezed, I watch the orange Blazers turning the bolt as it arched slightly and disappeared right where I wanted it. The buck bucked his hind legs high and took off like a bullet, he ran about 40yrds, skidded 15yrds got up teetered and fell over. Whew what a feeling, I looked at my watch and it was 2:55pm, that was the shortest sit I have ever had on stand and thankfully so it was so cold I don't think I could have sat there until the end of legal shooting time. He went a total of 57yrds and left a solid blood trail. He field dressed 155lbs, 8pt with a broken brow. I was using an old 165# Exocet, lumizone, 2117 easton's, white wraps, 2" orange Blazers offset 3 degrees and Wasp Boss Bullet's 100grns.
Jeez I almost forgot my bow was strung with none other than a Boo string with silencers and it is quiet.
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
opossum

first deer

Post by opossum »

ImageImage[/img]
Buckstopper

Put my Exocet to good use.

Post by Buckstopper »

Everything came together yesterday afternoon when this 5 point gave me a 20 yard shot. He managed to go 50 yards from point of impact.

Got to love the power of these crossbows. The 100 grain 4 blade Muzzy broke his leg on the far side.
raydaughety

an old doe

Post by raydaughety »

I got this doe Saturday afternoon. Tyler and I were sitting in our stand and were about to give it up when this old doe came out to get some corn. Big mistake :wink: .

God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
sunset

December archery deer

Post by sunset »

[img][img]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj17 ... 708002.jpg[/img][/img]

Here's a nice deer my neighbour took December 18. He was standing in some think cedars when this doe presented an opportunity. The 18 yard shot hit its mark and was easily recovered within 50 yards. He was using the factory supplied arrows and Wasp broadheads. There will be many fine meals from this young deer.
huntman

Post by huntman »

Took this fawn with the Vortex on Oct 8

Took this buck also with the Vortex on Dec 15

huntman

Post by huntman »

Although my father in law is not a member here I think this Buck deserves to be shown in the Tropy Room.

This buck will be scored on Jan 2 as he passes the 60 day drying period!

Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

A happy hunter
vixenmaster

Doe in Honeysuckle thicket

Post by vixenmaster »

see her ? head on ground the greay white of her left ear showing, talk about being camo'ed!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

Opening day of the 2008 rifle hunt. Shot with my Savage 110L .308 with handloaded Hornady 130 grain spire point bullet. Distance about 50-60 yards. He took about half a dozen jumps and cart-wheeled to a stop.
Jerry

honker

Post by honker »

Nov. 10th. Shot taken at 5:15pm.
13yrd shot, 75yard recovery.
Shot with my pheonix, firebolts, 100grain wasps.

Nov. 14th. Shot taken at 4:35pm. Recovered at 7pm.
30yard shot, it took 2 hours to track it. Estimated 500 yards.
Shot with my pheonix, firebolts, 100grain wasps.

terrym

Post by terrym »

edited
Last edited by terrym on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

16" 9 point 18 deg's and 30 mph wind gusts.