2011 Trophy Room

This area is for all pictures taken in previous and current hunting seasons.
TPM

Post by TPM »

11 pointer taken the last day of rifle season.

Another pic taken back home. Check out those brow tines! :shock:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
sunset

8 pt buck heavy rack, archery

Post by sunset »

Here's a nice buck I saw a couple times during our local rifle season. On the last evening I decided to change tactics hunt alone and take the bow into thick cover. At 20 yards I was offered a standing frontal shot. Not something I would normally consider but I just watched our fearless leader Bill T the week prior on Wild TV successfully take an African buffalo this way after following the instructions of his PH. Image
The 2 blade rage hit its mark cutting an artery and one lung. The blood trail was superb.
Then on Nov 11 during second week rifle season at a friends camp I had this 6 pt cross a beaver dam at 50 yards. Image
Earlier this month the rage broadhead also took a doe, no photos taken but again a superb blood trail.
The freezer is full and lots of treats to give away.
Shoot Straight

Killed first Hog

Post by Shoot Straight »

Was walking to my stand about 3:30 pm when I came across to my right at twenty yard this piggy eating corn. I froze took aim and thats all she wrote. Hog was killed in South Georgia on 17 Nov 2009...

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt25 ... G_hog1.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt25 ... _hog-1.jpg
Exocet 200
Varizone
S5 System
Rage 3 blade 100 gr
CrazyFarmer's CowWacker
Big John's LungBuster
Boo String
Shoot Straight

Killed first hog

Post by Shoot Straight »

Was walking to my stand about 3:30 pm when I came across to my right at twenty yard this piggy eating corn. I froze took aim and thats all she wrote. Hog was killed in South Georgia on 17 Nov 2009...

Exocet 200
Varizone
S5 System
Rage 3 blade 100 gr
CrazyFarmer's CowWacker
Big John's LungBuster
Boo String
vixenmaster

Couple of Mine

Post by vixenmaster »

Miss Vixen put the poke on them!

Please enter the yote pic & the 2nd Buck pic fer photo contest

Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Old Buck

Post by Old Buck »

I would like to enter my doe.
Shot at 20 yards with an exocet, 2216 boss tipped arrow.
Shoot Straight

Re: 2009 Trophy Room

Post by Shoot Straight »

Shot these hogs on 5 Dec 09, in south Georgia..

Exocet 200
Varizone
S5 System
Rage 3 blade 100 gr
CrazyFarmer's CowWacker
Big John's LungBuster
Boo String
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

nice 1
Attachments
buck 1.jpg
buck 1.jpg (40.05 KiB) Viewed 22380 times
madrod420

Post by madrod420 »

this is a ten point that I got on the first day of bow in ohio use my phoenix with carbon firebolts and interloc broadheads

also got this doe a week later useing the same hardware
mikej

Post by mikej »

here's my entry for the photo contest this year. the date is right but the year is wrong on the camera. 7 point taken with excal pxoenix 100 grain spit fire

If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
billplewes

Post by billplewes »

A mid november Buck. I already posted this one elsewhere on Excalibur but I think this one qualifies for the TROPHY ROOM.

11 point weighing in at the butcher at 285 pounds. Needless to say this was a very exciting outing.

Not sure how many other hunters do this, but I used to hunt with my Dad until he passed away 10 years ago. Everytime I go hunting now I think of him and quietly talk to him. I also had a brother who was a prankster and he passed away 5 years ago.

So when I do think of my dad when hunting, I talk to him as if he is dogging for me. I let him know where in the field I am sitting and keep saying,"ok Dad. Send a big one this way." Well this year after talking to him, an 8 point buck walks out and makes his way across the field. I tried to rattle this guy in but he just kept walking. My excitement was disappering as quickly as the buck was.

I thought to myself, Ok brother Doug, I know you are up in heaven just playing with me. Then I said "OK Dad, bring me the big buck". Half an hour later, this big guy came walking out. This time the rattling worked perfect.

After the buck was down, I knew that my Dad, although has passed away, was still dogging for me!!

Thanks Dad..................
Attachments
100_5313.JPG
100_5313.JPG (76.78 KiB) Viewed 22250 times
100_5310modified.JPG
100_5310modified.JPG (63.66 KiB) Viewed 22250 times
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

My 2009 buck for the picture contest ..

See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

10 pointer Christmas Eve. Well after hearing from the land owner that this nice 10 was chasing doe's all last week he told me to get him. As you know I have been sitting on stand all week and tonight about last light I was ready to get down and I have 4 smaller bucks under me. One a 16" 8 a 6 and a 4 and a spike. There heads poped up and I look down the creek and here he come running in. He only gave me a front on shot so I put it in the bread basket but hitting a rib the arrow exited the gut Smelly ! So I called the wife needed to head to church for the evening Christmas service and after words Jake and I headed out to fine the guy. Tracking was easy in the snow. I was surprised that he was not in the creek but instead he chose to take a bed on a high point which to observe for invaders. But he was not very successful as you can see a fox had beat me to him. Drag was a little cumbersome to say the least. 200 yards up 2 hills through snow drifts of 3 ' across the creek but Jake was a trooper. Full of Piss and vinegar he did his ol man proud. Youth these days. LOL
rsm2532

Post by rsm2532 »

I just purchased the excalibur equinox from Cabela's on Nov 14 2009, went out hunting with it three times so far, and was awarded twice with these two nice size deer in Pennsylvania. I was totally amazed how accurate and fast this crossbow was found to be, I would recommend this bow to anybody who is looking to buy a new crossbow, it's worth every penny in my book. I can not wait to summer to take it out and eliminate some ground hogs on my uncle's farm and any coyotes that may come into bow range.

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy5/ ... 0_0246.jpg
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy5/ ... G_1631.jpg
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

Here is my entry for this years photo contest :D

It has been another very frustrating season for me, done my homework, scouting, trail cams and glassing. I have put in all my spare time into it this year like every other and I have never seen so few deer in a season. Two out of my three hunting area's have produced almost zip for sightings this year and only a handful of sightings in my third area. This weekend passing was my last kick at the can, the buzzer, do or die etc etc. I have been fighting a sinus infection for the last week or so and been doing my best to be rid of it (without success) for this weekends final attempt to fill a tag and put some meat in the freezer. I finally got a couple young bucks on the trail cams this past week so I crossed my fingers for my final hunt. Saturday got up early and went ice fishing for the first time this year with three buds (we caught 7 Walleye 2.5lbs-9lbs) came home got my gear together had a coffee and it was time for a good hot lunch.

Got Bundled up as it was chilly at -8 degrees and a steady breeze out of the north east, was settled in the stand by 2:40pm. Well I waited and waited and it felt like my sinuses were going to explode and could not breath through my nose at all and my forehead was pounding. I tell you an hour on stand felt like three and after what seemed like an eternity the sun was setting behind the trees over my left shoulder. At this point I was beginning to plan my exit and get out of there and in someplace warm. Just then I could hear faint crunching hoof steps in the hard snow to the north east of me approaching at a steady pace. I watched him come right to me and stopped at about 33 yards but he was facing me I had no shot, just then a smaller buck came into range from the east. Finally after what seemed like 10 min. but was probably only 30 seconds the bigger one turned broadside at 33 yrds to face the oncoming smaller buck. I placed my 30yrd marker in the lumizone at the top of the bucks heart and squeezed, the arrow hit its mark with hollow thud and the buck reared his hind legs straight up putting the buck in a vertical position then he hit the ground running. He ran like a bullet for 40 yrds before piling up near the fence line. I got out of my stand hoofed it back home to get some help, get warm and food in my gullet. Returned for recovery with lots of help and all with full guts, the blood trail was very easy to follow. Lots of handshakes and high fives, I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to take a buck this year, I honestly didn't think it was meant to be this year. Numbers seem to be way down in most areas.

I used my trusty old Exocet 165 with added magtips and a Boo string, 2117's with white wraps, 2" orange blazers, Wasp Boss 100grn, Lumizone and Bushnel Yardage Pro. The shot was a complete pass through through the heart at 33yrds. Recovery was 40yrds with a massive blood trail. 8 point buck.
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn