New Member and Excalibur owner

This area is for all pictures taken in previous and current hunting seasons.
gmont510

New Member and Excalibur owner

Post by gmont510 »

Well at 51 years old I finally decided to get into archery and to the dismay of some friends chose the crossbow route. Initially was going to go the route of something on the low end(Barnett) but thankfully decided to do some research and found Excalibur was the way to go. Still needed to keep my price point down so the entry level Axiom is the way I went. After sighting it in I found it to be a little louder than I expected. Would adding the bar dissipaters and the S5 bumpers give me a significant noise reduction? Also heard changing the string to higher quality may help, any suggestions out there? Thanks!
Deaf jeff

Re: New Member and Excalibur owner

Post by Deaf jeff »

welcome to the forum :!: you will never regret going with Excalibur. as far as noise goes, none of the deer I have shot have cared about the noise :lol: seriously though I am certain that more knowledgeable members will help you out with ideas to tame'er down a bit. one thing you will find with this forum is members do everything they can and then more to help others out :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
gmont510

Post by gmont510 »

Thanks Jeff, I have to agree they probably don't worry so much about the noise as they do about that stabbing pain :lol:.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

you would probably get more responses if the thread was in the "crossbow hunting" room
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
gmont510

Post by gmont510 »

Thanks Jeff, didn't realize it was in the trophy room until you just pointed it out...lol...terrible being a 51 year old rookie!