new guy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

new guy

Post by awshucks »

Hi Yall, I've had several xbows, but this is first computer. I liked worst xbow better than this thing. Feel like a blind man w/ a chain saw, but needed this to get here please bear with me. Really enjoy reading your thoughts. Hence.... awshucks
"Eze 18:21"
JCB

Post by JCB »

awshucks: I'm an Arkie too! A real born and raised one. I live in Paragould. Where ya at?
Archery Season is so long--I had to buy a Crossbow!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

JCB: I live in the Ouchitas, 15 miles from Mena, 9 miles from

JCB I live in the Ouchitas, 15 miles from Mena, property borders the
Natl Forest, bear but no close deer. I've got an Exomax and am working on a deal for Vixen for gal pal. Both are really accurate, with minor changes to "Right Stuff" arrows I got w/ max. awshucks
A.W

Post by A.W »

Welcome!!! :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome!!!
And don't worry, you'll get used to the computer doing as it pleases - not as you want it to do. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine was suddenly going blank and not responding last week. I thought it was gasping it's last breaths, but now it seems to be fine? Darned thing will probably blow up when I need it most. :?
It could always make a good crossbow target :twisted:
wabi
navaman

the puputer

Post by navaman »

if it hadn't of been for my 16 yr old daughter showing me things about this cotton picking "puputer" i would have never been able to post my question. you'll get the hang of this thing. keep pluggin'
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Welcome Awshuks.......you get the hang of it before long...it is a pain in the butt thats for sure..I hate computers..But its a necessary evil..I sit hear and befor elong get up a hour or 2 is gone and I aint done nothing..but I love how i can get info quick on this thing..

again welcome... :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Welcome aboard Awshucks :D
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
JCB

Post by JCB »

awshucks: I spent every April of my youth not far from where you live.
My Dad and I used to camp out at Shady Lake State Park and hunt turkeys in the National forest. We killed some awesome Gobblers in that National Forest!

You live either down HW 8 past Board Camp or down HW 88 past Cherry Hill, don't ya?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

JCB No, I live on 270 west of Acorn, which is 4 miles north of Mena, moved here from IL in 2002. Gotta love this 41/2 month deer season. I've got three ladder stands up on my place, but very few deer passing thru. Last snow I took atv thru 40 acres, not one track. awshucks
JCB

Post by JCB »

awshucks: Yes, deer are scarce around Mena. They always were, even when I was a kid. One reason is the terrain and folks who let their dogs run the deer crazy all year round in that rough mountainous area.

But you do have some turkeys around. If you are not a turkey hunter yet, you need to become one--just because of where you live. You won't regret it.
awshucks

turkey hunting

Post by awshucks »

JCB, You're right. Minor problems though. Due to health issues I finally got a Mobilty Impaired Permit [MIP] from AGFC. Great spot 5 miles away. Problem is Natl. Forest land w/ AGFC food plots ect. USDA doesn't recognize MIP. I could take atv there w/ all the goodies except for them Been to Mena office, waiting on call back from Hot Springs, who told me at first they didn't make exceptions for handi-capped. I asked if they had a ramp to their front door and great big stalls in rest rooms. More as it happens. awshucks

hot Springs.
"Eze 18:21"
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

welcome
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot