hunters saying excals are to big a bulky

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

hunters saying excals are to big a bulky

Post by mikej »

lately i have been told by a lot of hunters that they don't like excalibur because they are to big and bulky in a stand. i WAS a horton shooter and i do notice a big difference in the width of the excalibur. but i set up all my own stands and today went i went out to set up i just built my stand to accomadate my excalibur cleared it out slightly wider. i find there is no comparison whatsoever to my old horton ( don't think it will be leaving the house to much this season) so i find it a small sacrifice for the excal to be a bit wider compared to what it gives me as far as speed, energy and of course the biggest thing accuracy. am i wrong in setting up for what i am shooting is this not a worthy sacrifice?
Duey

Post by Duey »

To each their own. I will not change from Excal.

Duey
Digger

Post by Digger »

I hunt with an Excal and a Ten Point and would rather go with less weight of the Excal than the less width of compound.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
frydaddy

The Best

Post by frydaddy »

8) You are shooting the best crossbow outthere. Have fun, Slayem, Never look back.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Once my CB's are cocked i can't tell the difference in limb width. I only shoot Excals i didn't know they even made other great hunting CB's! :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Those guys are just a bunch of sissies! :lol:

No, they have a point. The recurve xbow's are wider. Doesn't alter the way I hunt, but, I hunt from the ground. If I had to take my xbow into a tree, I might have an issue. However, doesn't seem like the extra width would be a deal breaker. When you add all the positives and then throw in this small negative . . .it's still a big win in favor of the Excal's.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
kevin

Post by kevin »

just trim a few more limbs or brush :? It's easier/cheaper than owning a bow press to change cables and strings if you shoot alot :wink:
my member name used to be kev until I changed my e-mail. member oct. 18, 2003
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

smokepolehall wrote:Once my CB's are cocked i can't tell the difference in limb width.:D

until you fire and the limb hits a tree that the others wouldnt have :lol: HAHAHAHAHA

Excals are wider, but you get use to them. If excal could manage a narrow recurve bow that shot the same I'd definitly buy it. Though im 100% happy with the one I have now :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

The way I look at it is that if I'm in such close quarters that I need to worry about the little extra width - I'm in much too tight of a space! :lol:
The only concern I've EVER had was clearance in my ground blind. Not that contact with the fabric of the blind would be a danger, but that it might cause a shot to go astray. I found if I have the Dan Miller quiver attached the arrows in the quiver are a good indicator as to whether there could be a problem or not. If the arrows are very close or touch the fabric I need to hold up on the shot. :wink: Never missed taking a shot yet.
wabi