Xact Broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

HW

Xact Broadhead

Post by HW »

I picked up a package of these broadheads and tried them out. I first tried it on a 2219 aluminum with two inch blazers. I had trouble keeping anything close to a tight group at twenty yards and thought that I may have wasted my money.

Today I put one on a GT laser II and tried it at both 20 and 30 yards. It was grouping so well that I was glad I was only using the one arrow as I was hitting the same hole at both distances.

This seems to be a case where the extra FOC with the carbon seems to have helped with the accuracy.

Has anyone else tried these broadheads?
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
peter p

Post by peter p »

Do you have brass or alluminum inserts on those GT laser II 's?
bowtime

Post by bowtime »

HW,I have had the same experience with those arrows. I shoot better groups with Gold tip Lazer II using Phoenix open sight.
HW

Post by HW »

I have brass inserts in the GT II's.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
Vixocette

Help Having Troubble With X act Broad heads

Post by Vixocette »

I Just bought theese X act Broad heads for my crossbow and my sons crossbow and when I shoot The Crossbow the Broad heads Wont Open before impact. WHATS WRONG. Somebody Please Help Me.
HW

Post by HW »

They are designed not to open until they enter the target whether it is your practice target or the animal you are shooting.

They were opening for me as they hit the target. I had a paper target in front of my target butt and the broadhead was still closed as it went through the paper.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount