eastan firstcut broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter 740

eastan firstcut broadheads

Post by hunter 740 »

Tried several broadheads tonight most shot low and to the right by 6 to 8 inches.Rage two blade practice head was dead on,wasp jackhammer shot good and the eastman first cut shot dead on.I hate to spend thirty bucks on three broadheads when the eastmans are only fifteen,bow hunting world rates the eastman high in penetration.Has anyone tried these broadheads,my cousin killed a doe last year with them and said they left a huge entrance and exit hole then stuck in the ground.The one I shot tonight was the one he killed the deer with,the blades were still intact and straight so I would think they would be tough enough.
mikej

Post by mikej »

they work good
bowtime

Post by bowtime »

Hunter,deer hunting is not like playing tennis,riding a bike,jogging. Deer
hunting is not done very often so when you get your chance to make a shot
do you want cheap equipment or do you want the best chance available
with the best equipment. Don't cheat yourself spend the bucks have
fun....kill deer.
rickyp

Post by rickyp »

bowtime, I fully understand what you are saying unfortunately most manufactures of hunting equipment think then same as you do this is why we pay $1.00 a shot for muzzle loading bullets and up to and over $5.00 a shot for a sabot slug. By your train of thought would you pay $300 for a set of three of your favored brad heads?

Now who is to say that what Hunter740 or any others of us are better then the next?

Price doesn't always equal quality!

If the Broad head you or anyone else is shooting flays true, a sturdy design and sharp why not use it?

The deer will not know or care how much you spend on your equipment.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Last season I picked up a pack of Eastman Silver Strike expandable broadheads. They look great and have 1.5" cut. Even better, they are only $9.97 a pack at our local Walmart. I figured they were worth a test.

My first shot hit perfect. When I pulled the arrow out my Block it only had two of the three blades on it. One of the blades CAME OFF when it opened. This was on the very first shot. The other two are still in the package. I guess I should just toss them in the trash because I would never shoot them at game.

I can't speak for the other Eastman heads, but this one was very dissapoint to me.

DuckHunt
rickyp

Post by rickyp »

if you do not trust them for big game you can always use them for small game and varmints. One shot and trash them.

I normally carry a "disposable arrow" with me while hunting just for targets of opportunity.

They are normally cheaper arrows such as the game getters with cheap B.H. If I shoot one and loose it or damage it I am not out much.
mikej

Post by mikej »

duck hunt i think you got a bad batch of those silver strikes i hunt with 7 people that have all used them for years and never had a problem.there has been lots of deer killed with them and even 2 moose, never an issue