Why Why Why do guys do this during hunting season?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Why Why Why do guys do this during hunting season?

Post by Hoss »

I am so about to pull my hair out or somebody elses...Im hunting public land thats my first problem for sure..I hike 1/2 mile in to an area set up ground blind and wait till that golden hour to approach. About an 1 hour before sunset I hear a truck coming down the road and stop..I hear talking then chain saws..OMG.. I know deer really dont mind somethings including chansaws but it just ruins a nice quite hunt..THEN today opening day for gun season..I go to a FRIENDS private land and all eve guys adjacent to his land are shooting guns. one shot after another about a 1/4 mile from me and the wife..OH HOW anoying that was. SO WHY do people wait until gun season to sight in shoot or what ever the HeJJ they were doing I have no idea..Its like living in a nieghbor hood and getting up at 12 midnight and running your hotrod up and down the street..NO concideration for others at all..just venting..stupid a$$ redneck idiots..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Get plenty of meat in the freezer with the Excalibur before gun season. :wink: :lol:
I usually hunt gun season, but I try to find a secluded spot where I can "hunker down" in reasonable safety and weather the storm. I hunt private land, but the neighbors all have hunters on their land, so I head for the center of the property and make sure the landowner and any other hunters there know just exactly where I'll be!
wabi
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

i agree with wabi get plenty of meat during bow season. and your not alone in that department they do it down here too. thier just to lazy to get out befor it starts.since we are allowedd 12 deer her i try to get at least 2 or 3 does before our rut sarts.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

hey now.. some rednecks are ok :P

the only good thing I can think of in times like that is knowing that we all are free enough to shoot on our lands and do as we want.

Ive had a plenty hunts distrubed by people delcaring a war at prime hunting time. I also bow hunt close to houses and it never fails that right at about 5pm everyone comes out and starts yelling, fighting, singing, or revving their cars. Ive also killed some of my biggest deer close to those areas and the thing is they never even pay them any attention since they deer are use to those sounds there.

I went last week and right at prime time the closest house decided to crank up his generator... its amazing how loud those things are when the whole woods was silent :roll: All I could do was start laughing. Ive had a German Shepard blow 2 of my hunts this year also LOL. Sometimes all we can do is laugh :lol: :D

always plan for the loudest sounds to take place when you plan for a quiet hunt LOL :P
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I am tormented by leaf blowers when I hunt here around the "neighborhood."

One of my best spots is behind one of my neighbors house. But the man has a leaf fetish. If he sees more then ten leaves on the ground he fires up that damn leaf blower.

Can't complain about him too much however as he is nice enough to let me climb trees in his back yard and kill deer.

But it seems odd to need hearing protection when you are archery hunting!
rickyp

Post by rickyp »

are you suer the shooting was from other hunters?

I have a private farm that I hunt on and the people that owns the land beside it are anti- hunter and every gun season she and her husband will go around on her land running a ATV with out a muffler and shooting guns in the air.
Savagevervet

Post by Savagevervet »

Mike P wrote:I am tormented by leaf blowers when I hunt here around the "neighborhood."
Hmmm. It seems a tad bit unethical to me to hunt deer with a leaf blower. If I were you, Mike, I'd call my local conservation officer and tell him/her what your neighbors are up to. :lol:

Savagevervet
Savagevervet

Post by Savagevervet »

Sorry, Mike. I should've read your entire post before making wise cracks about leaf blowers.

Your neighbor sounds like a nice guy but you'd think he'd be a bit more considerate about the noise he makes since he's letting you hunt behind his house.

The woods that I hunt saw the Battle of Carthage in the American Civil War, and yesterday morning you'd have thought the two sides had gotten together for a re-enactment! Every 10 seconds between 7a and 8a somebody was shooting a rifle. Lucky for me nobody who was doing that was closer than half a mile to my place. Still, it was kind of obnoxious for as long as it went on.

Savagevervet
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hey Farmer Im a redneck myself so i can bad mout them ifn I want dont take no offense friend..and the bad thing about this was they were shooting into the area where we were hunting..There is a hill that the road wraps around and I usally go around the other side of the hill and hunt or drop my wife off..they were on the road just shooting into this private land at the hill..If I had been back behind the hill and pulled on around coming out i would have been in the line of fire..They just was not thinking about the possibility of someone else being around in that area..AND during hunting season what dumba$$es they where thats how folks get accidently killed..careless handling of weapons..stupid..I bet they fire rounds into the air on New Years as well..Frickin Idiots and I told them about it too..
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

..Ok Im better now Bob..ofcourse we are all alive that helps. :roll: