What's the BEST backpack used with Excals

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arkbow

What's the BEST backpack used with Excals

Post by Arkbow »

O.K.......I know that questions like these will open a wide array of opinions but I am looking to buy the absolute BEST pack there is; must be.....
Quite
Comfortable
Practical
Water resistant
Plenty of room
Light weight yet strong
Must take MY abuse

Thanks everyone
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
saxman

Post by saxman »

Are you wanting to carry the bow in the pack?
I am looking into a crooked Horn pack
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Arkbow

Carrying crossbows

Post by Arkbow »

Saxman;

Had no ideal that anyone made a backpack that was able to carry a x-bow; I would LOVE to have one that done that;

PLEASE let me know if there is one that will; thanks so much
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
dutchhunter

packs

Post by dutchhunter »

i us a vest instead of a pack it works very well DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I use a fanny pack with 9 pockets. This works best for me. Always carry my Xbow at the ready.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Humvee.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Houndsman

Post by Houndsman »

Duluth packs.Made of canvas ,rugged, and come in a few styles.Pricey but worth it in my opinion.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

I have that bottom pack that bstout showed. I used it all the time and was just broken in around the 10 year mark. For the next 12 years it was like a favourite pair of track pants - all beat up but comfy. I semi-retired it a couple of years ago but I still use it sometimes to bring clothes up to the camp.

This brings to mind a story. I have a crab apple tree in my front yard. They are beautiful in the spring, and a great shade tree (if left wild) in the summer, but by early fall they're a PITA when the apples start falling. For years I'd rake all the apples up every week and bring them up to the camp every weekend to feed the deer. Quite often I would overload this pack sack with the apples. Well one time I'd forgotten the apples in the bags in the truck until I was leaving on Sunday afternoon. By then they were pretty ripe and juicy. I stuffed the bags of apples into the pack sack and there was apple juice dripping out the bottom of the pack sack. I parked the truck at the bottom of mountain and started climbing the trail towards the hard wood ridge on the other side where I had stands set up. The trail zig zags around the length of the mountain and is a long haul but an easy walk. I deposited the apples then started making my way straight back across the top of the mountain and down the other side. Just as I stepped on to the trail and turned towards my truck I was face to face with a monster buck about 2' away who was on the apple juice scent trail. We were both surprised but neither of us moved for about 2 minutes. Finally the smell of the apples was too much for him and he jumped off the trail and followed the shorter apple juice trail towards the the top of the mountain. I continued on to my truck where I found the buck had been rubbing his antlers on the back window of the cap trying to get to whatever had created that apple juice scent. I only ever saw that buck 2 more times - once on the way in to my camp at night where he was standing proudly where my truck had been parked that time, and the other time was the last day of the season (for that WMU) when I was coming off the mountain with 2 homemade portable treestands and a bunch of gear on my back and in my hands. It was in the same spot we had met before and again the encounter was 2' away lasting about 2 minutes then he went straight up the mountain towards where the treestands and the apples used to be.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s