Flying Doe's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Flying Doe's

Post by Mike P »

In effect, that is precisely what they were doing this past week. They were flying out of the farm on a daily basis via all of the "guests" that were invited for the past seven days of the Ohio gun season. It was a mad house!

We had nineteen guests and four "teens" at the farm for the week of gun season. The great majority of the guests were business associates of the four partners. The teens are part of our mentoring program. Every morning and afternoon we transported the hunters to the ground blinds on the big clover field or the food plots via the golf carts. Becker's "clients" hunted out of his blind.

I spent a great deal of time on the tractor with the front loader retrieving doe's every morning and evening. In the middle of the day the Swede and I would buck hunt but we saw only young two and three year old bucks. The pressure put the big boys to the mattresses as Michael Corleone would say. All four of the kids we mentor took a doe.

I actually had one of Becker's clients tip me! He thought I was one of Becker's hired "guides" and slipped me fifty bucks, lol. Becker thought I should give the money back to the guy but I wouldn't do it and continued the charade for the three days he was out at the farm. I told Becker he was a cheapskate and I should have received fifty bucks a day!

In a new twist this year we hired a retired former Kroger meat cutter to process all the doe's for the guests. It actually worked out cheaper to bring this guy out and do the cutting then taking all the deer to one of the local processors. Everyone left the farm with a Styrofoam cooler of packaged meat from their doe.

I was very happy to return home late last night. I am tired of cooking, cleaning and "guiding." The Swede and I will probably take this week off and not hunt. Instead, we will shop for the grandkids for Christmas.

I will be back out at the farm next weekend for another batch of "guests" for the last two days of the gun season. All of the guests will be bigwig clients of Becker. The three of us pitch in and make sure they all are safe, successful and have a good time.

In a way, the gun season helps pay for all the bow hunting we do at the farm every year. Without all the write off's (and they are getting smaller and harder to find, thank you IRS) associated with the business clients and all the "meetings" being held at the farm house, it would almost be impossible to float this boat.

There is a little covering of snow this morning and the fire is going in the wood burner. Annie and I are having our coffee and reading the newspaper. It just feels so right.

Be it ever so humble....................
Kelley

Re: Flying Doe's

Post by Kelley »

Being the woods and helping someone be successful is almost a good as taking one my self. Glad you had a Great time Mike.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It sounds like when you guys host something, you do it right!
Im glad everyone had their fill of doe. Congrats.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Glad you`s had a successful week :)
Even a BIGGER congratulations to the teens whom connected :D
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Congatulations on a busy and successful week! Good luck on your Christmas shopping :wink:
Crispy
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

hummmmm....I guess my invitation got lost in the mail.
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Mike P wrote:
The Swede and I will probably take this week off and not hunt.
Blasphemy! Just kidding, congrats on the successful week Mike. By the way, whats up with the green color?
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats to everyone
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective