STRING JUMPING DEER

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Re: STRING JUMPING DEER

Post by sumner4991 »

You guys need to figure out how to fix your avartars . . .otherwise your responses are getting lost in the corner of the screen and getting passed over.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bdog

Post by bdog »

Sumner... I ditto that , it drives me nuts looking at some of them...
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
phil

Post by phil »

hey...whos responces are getting cut off?...mine?...my wife checked them as well as a friend from there computers and they all looked fine?...could it be your settings?...let me know....thanks...phil :?
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

phil wrote:hey...whos responces are getting cut off?...mine?...my wife checked them as well as a friend from there computers and they all looked fine?...could it be your settings?...let me know....thanks...phil :?
Phil . . .I thought it's your profile settings under the avatar . . .maybe it's mine . . .your avatar is eating up 3/4th of the screen, is that the way it looks on your computer?

OK . . .Phil, under the user control panel at the top, there is a user profile link , then a edit avatar link. . .go there and set your avatar to 100 X 100 . . .or 100X 75 . . .something smaller . . .

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
phil

Post by phil »

hey Sumner....how does this look now?...i followed your directions. Thank you very...very much. :D :D
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

phil wrote:hey Sumner....how does this look now?...i followed your directions. Thank you very...very much. :D :D

Perfect . . . :D

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I don't know squat about avatars, which is why I don't have one, but can share some experiences w/ 'string jump', which is a misnomer, imho. I got ducked twice in one w/e in Mo. a few years ago on a UFFDA hunt.

When I got my 1st Excal, an Emax, I assumed I bought invincibility along w/ the bow. Took a few game animals w/ it, including a deer. Decided I could tame the beast some, reduce noise and vibration via heavier arrows.

Got ducked twice in one w/e, once at 32 yds and again the next a.m. at 30. 328 fps on what looked like un-alert animals. I didn't mind the spike at 32, I was hurried and put the 30 yd aim point mid body.

The big fat doe at 30 next eve really shook me up. I'd gigged a turkey that a.m. out of same blind and she was sniffing feathers that eve. I held as low as I could on a broadside shot behind front leg and she still got way under the arrow.

Give em a dose up close, my new motto.
"Eze 18:21"
maple

Post by maple »

Had one jump clean away at 27 yards the first year I hunted deer with my Exomax. It was a shocking experience for both of us.

Since then, the closer the better. I have taken them as far as 27 - 30 yards recently, but don't do it routinely. Get 'em close in.

Maple