Am/Should I be mad???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Re: Am/Should I be mad???

Post by VixChix »

Psalm 37:21 - "The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously..."
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Here we go again, you can sure tell when hunting sesson is over or winding down.... :roll: :roll:

Cheers
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Houndsman

Post by Houndsman »

It's real simple for me.You do have a right to be mad.I bought a GP mount when the Munch mounts were available also.I knew who designed the original and who made the copy.To me it's a matter of principal,one man put in the hard work and another just made a copy.Yea I know business is business and it can be ruthless but the fact remains it wasn't the right thing to do.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Bloody hell ... this is getting ridiculous ! .... Didn't Dan Miller make a top mount way before Groundpounder and Munch came along ?

I got Groundpounder mounts long before Munch mounts came out ... The Groundpounder mount was a great idea and very sturdy built ! .... I thought this is cool , I always wanted another option for mounting my quiver !

Only thing I felt guilty about was not getting them painted up and on my bow with some pictures , in the same timely manner they were provided to me .

I'm hoping to get one painted with some snow camo and mounted on my snow camo Vixen this week ... I'm sure it will look awsome !

Although I was worried when Mike P. posted about how much trouble he had with his ! ( arrows falling out and all ) :lol: :lol:

I just got a Munch mount today ... It's a beauty piece of work as well ! More detail on the artistic side and it will look awsome on my Y25 Relayer .

Only thing I feel guilty about is listening to other bash Terry ( Munch Mount creator ) ... Anyone that has met him can tell you he aint in it for the money and definately didn't make them to overthrow Groundpounders empire ...

As someone famos once said " Terry ( Munch ) is a tinker extrodinair ! " ( did I spell that right ? ) ... Amounst other things , I saw a deer cart today , he made from old BBQ parts , a steel brace from a Realestate sign , wheels from a bycicle trailer etc. ... the thing looked nearly store bought !

I'm guessing from what I saw today he could make almost anything ...

In summary ...

Groundpounder ... never met him , but from what others have told me , he is an all round nice guy and makes a beauty top quiver mount ... I was very happy in my dealings with him .

Munch ... Met him , and as Vix said he is " good people " ... he makes an awsome top mount quiver bracket ... It's a real nice piece of work .

Boo ... Met him as well , he is a great guy as well and has never done me wrong .

But this thread has brought out the worst in all ... All involved need to grow up and quit the petty bickering ! .... ( me inclduded I guess since I stooped enough to get into this thread :roll: )

And before any " hind sighters " jump on board and say " R.J. . you dished Middleton and Maximus and they are copies " ... Know this , making a copy of a misc componnets , like a string , quiver bracket , arrows etc. >>>> are a far cry from copying a product including all of it's indivdual components , that took years of devoplement to get it where it is today .

My $ 0.02 ... Flame away !

PS : Maybe Peter can start another sub thread catagory call " Pi$$ing matches " were all the " tightly wrapped " can go to hammer away at each other ... :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sliver wrote :
Here we go again, you can sure tell when hunting sesson is over or winding down....
Yep ... it's like cabin fever setting in already ! :lol: :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

just lock the thread so this can end. enoughs enough.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thought I had logged onto Archery Talk for a minute........time to get over this and move on.

Rich
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

sad
Last edited by Mike P on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

ooops double posted.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I brought this up to address and answer some statements made on another posting. I said what I needed to say and quit commenting at the first page. I am not trying to drag this post out but end it here. I don't see that I am able to delete it. But would just ask that no more comments be made to this post.
Why ride when you can walk!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Kelley wrote:
John wrote:On another note, there will soon be another beginner arrowmaker selling here soon I believe as well.
It won't be me John.

I picked John's brain on a lot of the finer points of arrow making for my own use. When I ask about a saw he told me what I needed and then ask if I was going to be competing with him and Crazy Farmer. I thanked him for all the help and told him truefully that I was going to use the information for my own use. Thanks again John.
Kelley

doesnt bother me one bit:) Im not getting rich off this LOL. Im just doing because I like seeing people take deer with something ive made. To me thats why I love doing this. I know I actaully send people to John to get arrows also. Somehow we get along and sell the same basic thing. He's got his flaming tiger sharks and ive got my cowwackers;) HAHAHA

I like seeing people having options also, but I dont like seeing ideas stolen. Sure someone can make something better. Thats part of life. Its just sad to see shots taken amongest members when we are all here to have a good time. The money I may make off selling arrows might buy me a tank of gas per year. So I dont have any hard feelings towards anyone for trying to sell their arrows :lol: 8)

Its very nice seeing alot of the members here making products that others can use in real world hunting situations. Its nice to see some of us taking our knowledge of hunting tools and passing them to others to use :D
slider

Post by slider »

Well said Crazyfarmer....we are all very fortunate to share our unique interest in crossbows and hunting with all of the great individuals on this forum.
Slider
2008 Phoenix
Illuminated FireBolts
100 g spitfires
Varizone
Flemish String

Always try your best!
saxman

Post by saxman »

I am buying a fletching jig to fix my own arrows.I contacted CF about fixing my arrows and he said it would not be worth the price to send them and all,I appreciate the honesty CF.
BUT!!!!
If I wanted to start making arrows and selling them as saxman's shafts I HAVE THAT RIGHT and wouldn't hesitate to do it.
People have fought and died to make sure I do have and keep it.
Everything we buy was made by someone,copied by someone else,then someone improved on that ( the Japanese) and so on and so forth and that is how it is done.

I don't think anyone here set out to infringe on anyone else and to assume they did is just that,an assumption.
If they did the THEY SUCK
If something you have invented is as good as you think it is then get a pattent or copywrite or whatever and it will STILL be copied if it is truly good.

Soon you may see
Saxman's shaft's
saxman's mounts
saxman's string stoppers (SMSS)
saxman's stocks
saxman's sights
saxman's strings

I have EVERY right to do it and so does everyone else here.
I am not taking sides,I think all the mounts,strings,arrows are great.One person may prefer a GP over a munch mount or some of John's arrows over Cowwhackers or a gad string ove a Boo and now our members have a choice.

Just my Opinion AND
Opinions are like A$$HOLE$,everybody has one and they all stink.

Please send all hate messages to my PM box.
So I say NO you shouldn't be mad,imitation is the greatest form of flatery.
GP,you are a senior,well respected and liked member of this forum.Folks from all over the world come here and seek your advice, your work is second to none.You did it first, the GP mount is the original and the one I own.
Rise above it and keep making that great mount.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

groundpounder wrote: But would just ask that no more comments be made to this post.
so much for that request gp but it will die its own slow agonizing death eventually.

crazyfarmer wrote: Im not getting rich off this LOL. The money I may make off selling arrows might buy me a tank of gas per year.
yeah and these other captains of industry probably aint doing any better with theres. :lol: nobody gettin rich selling quiver mounts arrows and strings for excaliburs. thats why this was all so stupid :oops:
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Glad to see others are tired of this thread already, the only thing it has done is separate people into the "For GP or For Munch categories". I actually got tired of logging onto the Excal forum due to it and found myself visiting the Mathews forum.

For Sax, Scott I like your way of not pulling any punches. To many others trying to straddle the fence as to not piss someone off. For me, business is a cut throat operation, shame on you if you didn't protect your investment. I own 2 GP mounts and am happy with them. Personally wouldn't buy a Munch due to the misspelling of CROS BOW, told him that when the original topic first came up.

Time to let this one die off and return to the happy forum we once were.

Rich