What crossbow for with a bad neck?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

What crossbow for with a bad neck?

Post by Riflemanz »

Hi guys! I was just diagnosed with degenerative disk disease in my neck.I blew out the C6-7 on both sides of my neck.OUCH! I'm going to get a disabilty check from an OT and then i can buy a crossbow.Which one should i get? Can i pull it back to cock with my neck? Thanks for any info! I did read the other info.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
one shot scott

Re: What crossbow for with a bad neck?

Post by one shot scott »

Cocking any crossbow by hand or with the cocking aid will put alot of strain on the back/neck muscles. But with a crankaroo I imagine any excalibur will be ok to cock.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

The best advice I can give you what Bugs said. Go cock and shoot some at a store that allows you to do that like Cabalas or Bass Pro for example. IMO the Tenpoint accudraw is the best cocking aid on the market today. They are a little spendy but they can be mounted on many of the Excalibur stocks. A great resource is Dan Miller 740-483-2312. Give him a call but be prepared to be on the phone awhile. He is a great person to do business with.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Boo

Post by Boo »

Horizontal Hunter wrote:The best advice I can give you what Bugs said. Go cock and shoot some at a store that allows you to do that like Cabalas or Bass Pro for example. IMO the Tenpoint accudraw is the best cocking aid on the market today. They are a little spendy but they can be mounted on many of the Excalibur stocks. A great resource is Dan Miller 740-483-2312. Give him a call but be prepared to be on the phone awhile. He is a great person to do business with.

Bob
Danny can also give you another cocking option, just ask.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Horizontal Hunter wrote:The best advice I can give you what Bugs said. Go cock and shoot some at a store that allows you to do that like Cabalas or Bass Pro for example. IMO the Tenpoint accudraw is the best cocking aid on the market today. They are a little spendy but they can be mounted on many of the Excalibur stocks. A great resource is Dan Miller 740-483-2312. Give him a call but be prepared to be on the phone awhile. He is a great person to do business with.

Bob
Danny Miller installed the accudraw on my Exomag and it works awesome. I used to have a youtube video of it but can't find it right now :? .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Welcome to the forum & as the good ppl that replied afore me. Crank-it up & or Dan Miller with his options, as Boo said!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Buy any Excalibur bow you want and get a crankaroo to go with it.
Then you are set for life.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Hey Riflemanz! Sounds like you're sort of in the same boat as I am...'cept mine...the neck is just the top of the problem. The rest of the folks here have given you some good advice. Basically I think you should lay "hands on" to find out what will work best for your amount of physical limitation. I keep experimenting with my CB's to find a better way to do it and a more comfortable way for me to use 'em. I have to agree with the "buying any Excalibur" part. Enjoy the looking part!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have the same problem, same spot, with the neck. Maybe not as bad as yours. Anyway, I have no problems using the cocking rope with the Exomax. However, I'm a fairly strong guy.

Every situation will be different when it comes to neck problems. Seems like I can to some incredible lifting with no trouble. Then I sit wrong on the couch and it kills me. Anti-inflammatories, I love them.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your shopping! The Excaliburs are great!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

Welcome aboard, I have a plate & 6 screws in my neck, very limited strength in my left arm, & use the rope cocker on my Phoenix---however, I think I would have been better off to have the Vixen considering all
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am so sorry to inform you that the only model Excal that will work fer yer disability is The Vixen! :lol: The good side is its the best model Excal makes so take a deep breath get control of yerself & order the vixen right now. No other thoughts just do it quickly it will be painless. You can thank me later ! :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lscha

Post by lscha »

smokepolehall wrote:You can thank me later ! :D
As I did! :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

OK, i'll check out the vixen,This is all new to me and i don't want to screw it up by making a bad purchase.Do i want the vixen II?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

sumner4991 wrote: Anyway, I have no problems using the cocking rope with the Exomax. However, I'm a fairly strong guy.
My quads do more than half the work of cocking my 'Max! I call it the squat-cock! :D I can cock my crossbow with a completely relaxed neck.
Grizz
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Welcome to the forum Riflemanz. Where are you from?

I have the same problem with my neck. I have the Exomag. Sometimes I can cock it using the rope cocker and sometimes I have to use the crankaroo. I suggest getting the crank along with the rope cocker. As to which bow, that can be a very personal choice.

Good luck.
Keep smiling!
Dennis