Best Crossbow Target to buy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pbearmawno

Best Crossbow Target to buy

Post by pbearmawno »

I'm just wondering which target would be the best to buy, for field points, broadheads or both?
Dunn14

Re: Best Crossbow Target to buy

Post by Dunn14 »

for field points you can make your own. Just get an old feed bag and fill it with old clothes or more bags. just pack as many as you can into the bag, and your ready to go.
Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

I've been using the rinehart 18 in 1. It's good for broadheads and fieldpoints. It's also warranteed
for a year. After five years I bought a second I still get some use out of the old one while shooting my Browning micro-adrenaline compound bow.

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've been through several. Not a fan of the layered foam, they haven't stood up to bhead use for me and the Emax used to bury fletch in them.

I've settled on a Rineheart 18-1 for bheads and store bought bag targets for field points. The 18-1 will handle both but it's harder to pull arrows w/ field tips from than a bag.

Morrells are made here in Ar, last I knew, and I get them fairly reasonable.
"Eze 18:21"
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

Morrell bag for fieldtips and a Rinehart 18-1 for broadheads!! Tried a Morell broadhead target and burried in to the fletch(junk).Equinox
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

use morrells bag for field points also. works great with the equinox
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

I have a Yellowjacket (made by Morrel I believe) and it has served it's pupose well. i've had it for about 5 years now and broadheads will potrude from the opposite side. It still stops field points well. It is a combination of solid foam and layering. I bought it for $50.00 from Bass Pro in Vaughn but of course now they only carry the "deluxe" version with the deluxe price :( TC
pbearmawno

Post by pbearmawno »

I think Rinehart has a new RhinoBlock that looks interesting. It has a price tag ranging from 130-150 online. I'm wondering if it is worth it. How often do hunters practice with broadheads versus field points? For my compound bow, the Innerloc expandables worked great and flew just as well as the field tips. These Innerloc expandables look to be identical to the expandables that Excalibur offers (X-act, I think is their name_). My question is do the expandables fly just the same as a field tip when shot from my Equinox or will there be concerns with having too light of a bolt-weight using the store bought Excalibur bolts.
secret

Post by secret »

The BLOCK target for broadheads and field points[crossbow]... not cheap ...but it will last if you dont leave it outside. i made one.... i had to put 4 3" targets[old style sealing foam] to stop my bolts. i found the block to much easier than my old target.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I use the morell field point crossbow bag.I paid $49 for it at cabelas.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I use a bag target for fp's and the 18n1 for bh's . The 18 n 1 is great to bring to hunt camp as well .

To answer your other question . I like to match up my hunting arrows to the bh's I am using . I would not want to assume they all hit the same point of impact .
roly

Post by roly »

I use a home made bag target

the rage bh's I use fly the same POI as field tips

But I agree with Farmer, you should match up your BH and your arrows
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I've been shooting fieldtips at my Exocet X-bow target for quite some time now and it's still in great shape.
Arrows pull out very easy but it's not good for broadheads.
Good target for $50.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

The bag targets will work even better if you make a stand so they are hanging freely rather than having them solid against the ground or in a stand. I have one Morrel bag target I've had for 20 years! Thousands of arrows have been shot into that thing. However, now I only shoot 40 yards or more as it is getting a bit worn to say the least. If nothing else, I can always use it as a backstop.

I've heard and read about many who like the Block target. Yet, I bought one and it was junk in a very short time. I never could shoot an arrow from a crossbow into that target and in short order even arrows from the 65 lb compound would bury to the fletching. Pure junk; yet I have a neighbor who swears by them!
Keep smiling!
Dennis
freeceller

Post by freeceller »

The best target I find is a sand pit.Costs nothing if you find one close by.