Wildview digital camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lvt01

Wildview digital camera

Post by lvt01 »

Anyone have one of these or know anything about them? I've got a fella trying to make a trade with me and he's offering me a Wildview 3MP digital camera as part of the "boot" on the trade. I've had nothing, but Bushnells and know nothing about them. :?: Are they any good, etc. Thanks!
tracer

Re: Wildview digital camera

Post by tracer »

Basically they are a feeder camera, so there is a very slow trigger speed. Check the reviews on the Wildviews at chasingame.com .
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Thanks! I'll check it out. I don't use feeders, so the critters I get pictures of are usually walking if not faster. I thought he was in a big hurry to offer that up as part of the deal.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

The worst trail cameras I have ever seen! I have used several brands, and I own several cameras. I wouldn't think a used one would be worth anymore than $40, and if you have used a decent camera before you will be nothing but disapointed with a wildview. IMO.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

FredBear wrote:The worst trail cameras I have ever seen! I have used several brands, and I own several cameras. I wouldn't think a used one would be worth anymore than $40, and if you have used a decent camera before you will be nothing but disapointed with a wildview. IMO.

Ill agree with him;)

if you pay 20bucks for it then ok.. but it will cost much more than its worth in batteries every month. If he's trading it then it isnt good :lol:

some like them, but I personally cant stand the images since they are all grainy
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Thanks again! I'm sure glad I asked before I took it as part payment on our trade. Would have been a big disappointment. I like my Bushnell Trophy cams! :mrgreen:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I have 2 trophy cams... they are nice for the dollar. I dont like the dark images on them in the woods though. Sensor is too good since you wil get alot of blanks before deer enter picture. They are 159 on ebay now btw;)

some like the wildview and for someone maybe just wanting an idea they might work.. but I think they tend to scare some away from cameras since batteries die fast and pictures arent the greatest.. but again, its a cheaper cam.

its a reason you see alot of cameras for 70-100bucks LOL... now in a high theft area I wouldnt mind using them :D
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I like my Bushnell trophy cam.
Raymond
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

bstout wrote:I'm not a big game cam person but I purchased a Moultrie D40 last year. I was so impressed with the quality of pictures Wes was getting with his D40 that I wanted one.

The camera has a handful of shortcomings (learning curve) but nothing that can't be dealt with. Anyone can learn how to set up a trail cam in no time flat. It's much easier than one might think.

I've studied whitetail tracks for decades. The camera allows me to see what made the tracks so it's fun in that respect.

Moultrie has factory refurbs with full warranty (on sale) on their website right now for $69.95. That's a fairly good deal.

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/catalog. ... ashcameras

Just got 2 last week, a m45 and a 5.0, ask about a 15% discount they cost me a total of 204.00, you can't beat that with a stick.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bstout wrote:I'm not a big game cam person but I purchased a Moultrie D40 last year. I was so impressed with the quality of pictures Wes was getting with his D40 that I wanted one.
you have seen the cuddeback pictures right? LOL

I asked for a side by side picture show last year but it never happened to compare the image quality :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bstout wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote:
you have seen the cuddeback pictures right? LOL

I asked for a side by side picture show last year but it never happened to compare the image quality :D
I think you're confusing me with someone else, Crazy. Taking pictures of deer isn't important too me.

I'm doing it for fun! :D
lol.. i hear ya man... I just like being about to see the fine detail though on the pictures I get :D If it wasnt fun.. i wouldnt be wasting my time out there with 30 cameras LOL
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

crazyfarmer wrote: I asked for a side by side picture show last year but it never happened to compare the image quality :D
Here are two pictures of the same buck in the same spot about 3 weeks apart.

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Ill post a few full size pictures straight off the camera.. 169.99 on ebay:)

I didnt show any pictures of this buck I was after this season. Ill post his picture since he's dead now LOL. You wont see any pictures of anything over 150inches that I'm after posted untill its dead :lol: :lol:

here are a few more full size pics

another dead deer from this year

small buck.. just a tricky picture for a camera since sun is setting behind it... Cuddeback nailed it

Most cameras would miss this... running by at full blast!

im bored and just posting random pictures.. everyone should add a few from their cameras at FULL size for reference if others search for cameras later this year! These are only 3mp pictures though also
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Just a little of what goes on that we never see with out a trail cam, this time a buck took up the slack and put the coon in his place, notice the time on these pics

Full stride

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Wildview is the worst trail camera out there.I bought one and it broke in one year.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline