Bow String

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bowtime

Bow String

Post by bowtime »

I 've had my Phoenix about two years. I use the optional fast flight string.
Just for kicks I installed the standard Excalibur bow string.I wanted to see
how it performed versus FF string. Well I had trouble getting it on bow. I reduced the stringer length to put more bend in bow .....now it fits but the
string is below the reccomended brace height marks on riser. Will this string
stretch enough to acctually fit the bow? Anybody else have this problem? :?:
Boo

Re: Bow String

Post by Boo »

They are made that way because they are made from Dacron which creeps a whole lot. When the creeping slows down it will have more than a few twists in it. Put it on with a couple of twists. After a few days shoot it. If you want to accelerate the process put on some wax and get the string warm using the palm of your hand rubbing the length of the string fibers. This process does not get the string longer in a hurry but it helps.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

My Pheonix (only app. 100 shots) with stock string rides the high brace line with only afew twists in it. Still waiting for it to stretch so I can get more twists on string. I'll try what Boo stated.
casper

Post by casper »

I too can't get the excel. string to creep. I shot my bow till it needed a new serving and it did not move. I had another string in a strecher for 3 weeks, and made it two inches longer, but it went right back to the top line and just a few twists when I put it on the bow. This is my 3rd excel string, and there all the same. I'm stumped. :?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Don't have an answer for you Casper. Danny Miller makes them, give him a shout.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
RAMAMOE

Post by RAMAMOE »

I believe my string is a stock dacron string..I did not put the string on myself..
Should the string have some twists in it? Can any one educate me a little on this topic..and yes I do keep it waxed. It is a newer string because it is at the lower marker.. Any input is welcomed Scott :? :?
Equinox - Varizone - Rage 100 3 blade - xcal. firebolts
"When they hear the "TWANG" it's already too late"
Dash

Post by Dash »

Same problem here, New excel string fitted to my equinox, no twists at all, and still well above the heigh brace line . Had it on a few days now and fired it, no difference.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I had a Vortex with an Excal Excel string and after about 3 days then a few shots it settled in but still high in the brace marks.
I now shoot a Phoenix and have Boo string on it and will not use any other string but Boo's.

Your string is your bow get the one that works for you and stick with it.
Tenpoint Matrix
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It's a common complaint. The problem is, the string stretches a lot. If it's made long enough to be between the lines prior to stretching, then it could get too long. Long enough to where twisting the string will make the string gather in a knot around the end loops.

Every one I own, I think I have six, were too short initially. They all stretched to where they needed to be. Some took longer than others.

The advantage to the dacron string is the smooth landing it makes after launching the arrow. The material stretches like a rubberband.

It will get there. Just keep shooting it.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
TPM

Post by TPM »

I now shoot a Phoenix and have Boo string on it and will not use any other string but Boo's.
x2
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'd put some twists in them no matter the bheight. You can speed the stretching process up some by leaving the bow cocked overnight a time or two. When I was shooting the FFF's, I'd set the bheight about 3/8" above high mark [closest to trigger] and leaver it cocked [Emax] to save a few adjustments.

Somewhere along the line, I learned about using rope cocker w/ stringing aid which made the adjusting easier. Then came my Boo versions and it all went away, lol.

There's another explanation for these string lengths. According to Danny, there's several situations they need to cover, among which is the diff in straight or forward angled risers. What you're getting is a 'one size fit's all'.
"Eze 18:21"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have had numerous string issues, that is until I switched to Boo's. Nothing but smooth sailing now!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

one shot scott wrote:I have had numerous string issues, that is until I switched to Boo's. Nothing but smooth sailing now!
Same here! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
w8cop

Post by w8cop »

Buy a string from Boo,and you won't have to worry about a thing. It is the ONLY string that my Pheonix will ever wear !!!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

give boo a email or PM... he will get you something nice made up 8)