How to attach a sticky note to xbow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longwinters

How to attach a sticky note to xbow?

Post by longwinters »

I've had it happen a couple of times as has my best hunting buddy. Shooting 30 or more yards at a target and use the cross hair on the Verizone instead of the correct mildot (or whatever you call them...can't think of it right now).

If this happened when I was hunting I WOULD NOT be a happy guy. I never have this problem with my Kahles scope on my 280. Is there an xbow electric neuron thing that short circuts my brain cells? I'm thinking a piece of colored tape by the safety or something to remind me. Any ideas?

Long
Pydpiper

Re: How to attach a sticky note to xbow?

Post by Pydpiper »

Best way is to shoot often, and do it from a variety of ranges, that will develop the habit for you.
I look through a lot of scopes, but that one jumps out at me right away because of the dominating chevrons/mill dots/triangle things. Also, the last thing I do before I raise the bow is range my target, that ensures that I know there is a variable in the scope. I think I am already picturing how the range will look in my scope as I put my eye to it.
habit is likely the most reliable way to remember.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I keep half dozen target out at all times (when there is no snow), shoot nearly daily at different targets and move them regularly to mix things up. Makes me focus on ranging each shot. Just saw an add for Burris re a scope that ranges and puts a dot where the projectile will hit. It's advertised for rifle but who knows.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

dont use a sticky note use painters tape and a sharpie :D
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Pydpiper wrote:Best way is to shoot often, and do it from a variety of ranges, that will develop the habit for you.
I look through a lot of scopes, but that one jumps out at me right away because of the dominating chevrons/mill dots/triangle things. Also, the last thing I do before I raise the bow is range my target, that ensures that I know there is a variable in the scope. I think I am already picturing how the range will look in my scope as I put my eye to it.
habit is likely the most reliable way to remember.
Also go shoot some 3d courses it will teach you in a hurry.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.