Guess Im A Hypocrite

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

weezy

Guess Im A Hypocrite

Post by weezy »

I said id never kill a fawn or a doe with fawns again..but that changed tonight.
I setup another hang on stand at noon today and sat in it for this evenings hunt.Had two doe's come from my left down a atv trail and walk 15 yards in front of me around 6:40.They look ''medium'' sized so I picked the slightly bigger of the two.Put the 20 yard mark behind her shoulder low and let it fly.Arrow hit its mark and I double lunged her.She took off flying and then I heard a big crash,way louder than any deer crashing ive ever heard.I climbed out of my stand,found my arrow covered in blood and a decnt blood trail although it wasnt needed since I heard her crash.When I got up to ''her'' she was stuck between a split tree(one that split off at the mid trunk)That was what the loud crash was,and it was the type of tree that has those long needle like sticks on it.I had to pull her out with the 3 wheeler she was in there so tight.Once I get her out I see right away it was way smaller than I thought and it was a button buck.From the stand it looked decent sized,like body ground shrinkage :lol:
Oh well, I have no regrets and its the first time I have killed a deer on opening day ,ever.I checked it in then we decided to give it to a family friend who doesnt have a whole lot of money and has a rough life.(guess thats the nicest way of putting it)He butchered it himself and was thrilled to take it.
So I cant say I wont kill a fawn,I just dont know why I always thought it was a bad thing but now it doesnt bother me after this hunt :D
Last edited by weezy on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weezy

Re: Guess Im A Hypocrite

Post by weezy »

I'll post a picture eventually but its not a good one,just on the back of the three wheeler.It turned out to be a great opener for me with 12 deer seen and 1 killed :lol:
frisky

Post by frisky »

Congrats on your success! :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Looks like your off to a great start. Good luck on the rest of the year!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Good job it can be hard to judge size from a tree but a clean kill and a feed family are what matters congraulations.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Congrats Weezy!!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Rich

Post by Rich »

Never be ashamed of what you take, the family will not care how big it was once it hits the dinner table. That was a great gesture on your part. Now your hunting buddies may give you a hard time, but I think we all have been there and will be there again.

Rich
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Congratulations on your kill. It might not be PC to some folks but IMHO it is not unethical.

Bill K.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Congratulations weezy!!!
Great start to the season!!
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

congrats weezy on a fine deer and even better gesture ya did with the meat :wink: ....my first deer i took in 08 with my new exo at the time i thought was a good size doe, but turned out to be a yearling doe born that year, but she was at 50yds though when i shot........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.