Cold Weather Clothingj

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Huntz

Cold Weather Clothingj

Post by Huntz »

I have been looking for some Cold weather Parkas and Bibs.What I have read about is Cabelas MT050 Whitetail Extreme Parkas and Bibs and The Body Heater.I am buying for cold weather stand hunting.I am also looking for warm boots,gloves or mittens and hat.I do not want Wool.It is too heavy .Right now I am using Browning Hydrofleece which is fairly warm and quiet ,but keeps shrinking.I have LaCross Boots and a Stormy Chromer hat.So I want something I can sit outside in weather that can go below zero,stay dry and wind proof.Not too much to ask.Thanks ahead Huntz :D
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
lscha

Re: Cold Weather Clothingj

Post by lscha »

We found this wonderful underwear that REALLY keeps you warm. Very handy zippers too! Good company to deal with. Web Foots
https://www.cdsportswear.com/wf_style1.htm
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Normous

Post by Normous »

The Cabelas MT50 series with Goretex is great. We both use it since it came out and it does not shrink. I would certainly buy it again. The new Hunters Specialties Tek4 heavyweight underwear compliments the MT50 perfectly.
Take a look at boots with over 1200 grams of Thinsulate and buy a bit on the larger size to trap more air.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I use to use a surplus navy mummy bag. I cut arms holes & sewed the material back was very warm. I would get inside & put my arms thru my armholes & zip up. Lost it in a deer camp cabin fire few yrs back.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
strum

Post by strum »

bought those artic shield boot covers a couple years ago
I wear rocky 600 gram thinsulate which is not to great below 30 but with the bootcovers i can stay in stand when it dips into the teens..I would say if you have some 1000 gram or even the 1200 with the boot covers you can stand almost any temp..but buy them big . i got large and my boot is a size ten..i get them on but i wish they were a bit bigger..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
bigbuckonly1

Post by bigbuckonly1 »

The ice breaker boot covers are much better than the arctic shield covers- much warmer they are thicker & come up much further on the boot, I have both kinds tried the arctic shields once & I havent used them anymore, get the xlarge ice breakers & put them on over a pair of 1000 gr. boots & you can sit thru anything.
Take time to enjoy each & everyday that GOD has given us- be thankful.

Excalibur Vortex
Firebolt Arrows
Rage .125gr. Broadheads
Equalizer Climbing Stand
99% Scent Killer
hiking

Post by hiking »

check out warmbag.com it's kind of what vixenmaster was talking about. I haven't been in below zero temps yet, but I have never been cold in it with temps in the high teens.
exocet 200
secret

Post by secret »

Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

I bought these Boots.They were a total of 30% off this weekend plus free shipping and free return if it not what I want.Thought I would pass it on.
http://www.shoebuy.com/lacrosse-alpha-s ... 415/806527
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

hiking wrote:check out warmbag.com it's kind of what vixenmaster was talking about. I haven't been in below zero temps yet, but I have never been cold in it with temps in the high teens.
Well this product looks pretty good.I can use it for 3 months and if I don`t like it,they will return my money.So I ordered one.I hope it arrives so I can use it to muzzleloader hunt in.If not I can use it for late bow Season.It will be nice to sit outside and not freeze.Huntz
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

hiking wrote:check out warmbag.com it's kind of what vixenmaster was talking about. I haven't been in below zero temps yet, but I have never been cold in it with temps in the high teens.
I keep getting thrown to pizzabag.net when I try the site. Just curious as to what your refering to :)
Vortex
Boo String's
Sure-Fire mounted on front
Firebolts,110 brass inserts,blazers w/100gr.Grim Reapers
Groundpounder mount
STS
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

IMO the most important component of a warm hunting outfit is a quality base layer. This year I purchased some Under Armour level 3 heat gear base layer and I still cannot get over how much warmer I am in my stands now compared to any gear I wore previously. I have to carry my pants and coat into my stand and put them on there or I will be overheating when I reach my stand. When it is absolutely freezing, I add a fleece long johns over the base layer and ROAST. Helly Hansen makes incredibly warm base layers as well. If you have not moved into the new long underwear technologies, I suggest you try them out as you won't believe the difference.
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86