O/T What do you do for fun?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tired Rooster

Re: O/T What do you do for fun?

Post by Tired Rooster »

Hunting is my true passion for sure. Had rather hunt than anything else. I do quite a bit of fishing during the warmer months though. Several years ago I got into metal detecting as well. Really fun pass time that I get a hankering for off and on now. Its that constant feeling of never knowing what you MIGHT find next that makes it exciting.
DEO VINDICE
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

You're right Derek! No way in hell that's his garage!

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by j.krug »

Wife say's I got too many hobbies!!

My daghters keep me busy playing every school sport you can think of and travel basketball as well. They are all very gifted athletes and they make Dad very proud!!

When i have a little free time I enjoy racing rc cars and flying rc planes, dabble a bit with taking pictures, enjoy archery, trap shooting with friends and shooting handguns. As a family we all enjoy camping and hiking. The wife and I enjoy canoeing and kayaking and cycling including cycle touring. When I find myself penned up indoors I enjoy reading and listening to music and if the tv is on it will be on wild tv or the food channel as I enjoy cooking as well.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
TPM

Post by TPM »

A couple of my non-hunting hobbies.

No, it's not me in the camo. I'm in the middle. :D

Of course my favourite of all.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
TYE

Post by TYE »

Pydpiper wrote:
NewGuy wrote:I've gotten back into this in the last year :)
I started out and this was cheap, now? Wow, hope the wife never realizes how much :)
Wow! Very impressive!
Hey, I have some duct tape, a small cat, a parachute and a really cool idea..
Read my mind haha
TYE

Post by TYE »

When I'm not hunting, I spend the rest of the winter getting paid to have fun; snowboarding and skiing. Also play pond hockey when I can. In the summer I spend as much time as I can golfing and fishing. I also love wakeboarding when I get the chance.

Can't really think of anything else I do for fun off the top of my head.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

CDN Taxman wrote:You're right Derek! No way in hell that's his garage!

Mike

You guys got me, it's my buddies garage. Had to work up the stones to bring that one home :) I would never be able to find anything if my garage was that neat :)
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Until i get a storage/man cave built out of free pallets this spring/summer/Fall. I an cutting firewood to make it thru the winter. Haven't got to fish in 2 yrs. Someday in the future when our place is fixed up i can take off fer things i like to do
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I guess I'm your traditional Jack Of All Trades, Master of None. I like to dabble in several things year round. My favorite thing other than Hunting is Crappie fishing and then a little Catfishing.

I'm a tinkerer, so whenever I'm at home, I'm usually working on our home or "upgrading" something in the garage.

I also like to try and get out for a bit of metal detecting...or treasure hunting as I call it. My Wife just calls it another expensive hobby!

I spend quite a bit of time at the range with various long rifles and shotguns. Really like Sporting Clays but don't have a lot of time for it.

I've almost got the Wife talked into buying an RV since she won't go do "real" camping with me. I think she'd enjoy the RV if she'll go just once. She works for a school so she has the Summer months off. Hopefully this year we'll get out onto the highway.

Really though, the older I get, the more of a home body I become. :D
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter there is time for fishing :D Flyfishing for trout is the form of choice. But striper, crappie, bream, and catfish need to watch out too :lol: . Flytying has also recently tackled a good bit of my time. Also made my first flyreel this year. You will also find me always tinkering on some form of art project from time to time.
Why ride when you can walk!
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

When I am not hunting i am thinking about hunting. Drives my wife nuts sometimes. :lol: :lol:

Off season we try to get out hiking camping or biking.

Three kids, so there goes a lot of time, but love it.

This year I am hoping to try to get me oldest, 8 year old out target shooting.

Tried to before but the interest wasn't there, at least for very long any way. But now he's asking for a pellet gun. So we'll see.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

When not hunting I train for hunting I jog,mountain bike,canoe/fish and bbq oh ya and not for fun I work :(
Image[*]

Image[*]
Last edited by MADMAX2 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best things in life are not things!!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

time to get the jug lines together and ready to put out in the lake...catfish bite great in the winter..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
wabi

Post by wabi »

groundpounder wrote:Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter there is time for fishing :D Flyfishing for trout is the form of choice. But striper, crappie, bream, and catfish need to watch out too :lol: . Flytying has also recently tackled a good bit of my time. Also made my first flyreel this year. You will also find me always tinkering on some form of art project from time to time.
Thought about fishing today, but the wet flies wouldn't sink! :shock:
They just laid there on top of the ice. :lol:
Winter here is not much good for fishing. The ice is rarely safe enough to be out on it, but usually present from December until March. Right now there's thin on the local lakes & ponds. The creeks have a few open spots, but the still water is covered in ice.
Even thought about taking my 3wt rod out of my truck today, but I'm not ready to concede that winter has won yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

I'll spend most of my free time carving decoys in my man cave, when it starts to warm up a little I squeeze in some fishing and off roading.
Crispy