Hunted in the rain on Saturday!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Hunted in the rain on Saturday!

Post by Riflemanz »

I went out with my crossbow on saturday hunting deer in the rain! Can i say i really hate hunting in the rain.I saw no deer.Today a blizzard was to hit us.40mph winds with snow.Have you ever shot a deer with archery equipment while it was raining?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Joe

Re: Hunted in the rain on Saturday!

Post by Joe »

Most of me deer have been taken in drizzle or light rain.
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

A lot of deer that I have killed has been during a rain or light drizzle; excaliburs are extremely tough and can take the abuse one dishes out but use common sense and always "dry out" your crossbow after a hunt in the extreme weather; also after each season, I have my excaliburs professionally cleaned by a experienced excalibur dealer; this will prolong and enhance the life and performance of your crossbow; so when the weather turns sour, get out there and hunt because you can't kill them sitting on the couch; good luck.
masboy

Post by masboy »

love a rainy or drizzle evening my favorite killed many deer in light rain but not with alot of wind.
phil

Post by phil »

Yes i have. However, not comfortable to hunt in...cant hear well...equiptment gets all wet...you get wet....and you run the chance of not finding good blood if you hit one not so good. :cry:
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Better you than me, :lol: Only time i hunt in the rain is if i happen to get caught in my stand & thats very seldom. If'en the forcast is rain over 20% i go to my ground blind. Unless its raining before i leave the cabin & if so i don't go. Heck those tick toters will be there tomorrow & the next day
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
frisky

Post by frisky »

What Vixenmaster said..

Better you than me, Only time i hunt in the rain is if i happen to get caught in my stand & thats very seldom.

X2
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Our rain turned solid some time ago. -20F this morning!!! I don't hunt in this stuff.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

planter wrote:You can't always hunt WHEN you want to so you have to hunt when you CAN. :)

If I didn't hunt in the rain I would lose high percentage of the total number of hunts I can squeek out of a season. Rain and drizzle do a number on my optics too. From my scope to my bino's, rangefinder and glasses it's a PIA but I work with it. I have no choice. A zip lock bag and a few paper towells and the fight is on.

It's nice to walk into your stand in the mist and drizzle following a rain. It's so quiet that you think your stinkin Daniel Boone or the Canadian equivilent :?. I think I pretty much rely on hearing a deer coming rather than seeing it first so when it's raining or wet they sneak up on me a bit. I hate it when they just appear in front of you in bow range.

With work, family and NO sunday hunting I have to hunt regardless of the weather. It sure would be sweet to look out the door and be able to say I'll go tommorow instead. :(
You can hear them tick toters ? I have missing that part as i have to relie on my eyes :shock: & they are not up to par anymore, i can see big trees. Daniel Boone who dat ? I always thought of myself as Lewis Wenzel :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

vixenmaster wrote: I always thought of myself as Lewis Wenzel :lol:
That would be Wetzel.:P Gary
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

heavy rain = no:)

light rain off and on can get big deer up moving... light drizzle is the best time to hunt a field